Does the TGA device really work on Alpha? - BSD

  2. Re: Does the TGA device really work on Alpha?

    > Is there some other configuration file that I may need to edit to allow
    > the X server to start? I also noticed that I only have one console when
    > the AlphaStation is booted. I had 8 consoles on FreeBSD and VMS. There
    > was a note in the README about TGA boards being a little wierd but there
    > wasn't much detail about the cause.

    Did you read /usr/X11R6/README?

    Multiple virtual consoles are currently not supported on tga(4) cards.

    > Thanks again for a very functional OS. I am sure a lot of work goes
    > into keeping the Alpha updated with the latest and greatest.

    I can't say there is much work happening in alpha land those days in
    OpenBSD, although a panifully annoying stability problem has been fixed
    semi recently.

+ Reply to Thread