dmesg pollution - BSD

This is a discussion on dmesg pollution - BSD ; I just noticed that the dmesg file contains lots of mplayer messages "can't find playback rate 22050 ". Is there any way to keep those mplayer messages out of the dmesg? Thanks. -- Don't Worry. Be Happy....

  1. dmesg pollution

    --
    Don't Worry. Be Happy.

  2. Re: dmesg pollution

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:01:33 -0500, dave wrote:

    > I just noticed that the dmesg file contains lots of mplayer messages "can't
    > find playback rate 22050 ". Is there any way to keep those mplayer messages
    > out of the dmesg?

    % cat /var/run/dmesg.boot

  3. Re: dmesg pollution

    Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:01:33 -0500, dave wrote:
    >
    >> I just noticed that the dmesg file contains lots of mplayer messages "can't
    >> find playback rate 22050 ". Is there any way to keep those mplayer messages
    >> out of the dmesg?

    > % cat /var/run/dmesg.boot

    Thanks!
    --
    Don't Worry. Be Happy.

  4. Re: dmesg pollution

    dave wrote:
    > Dave Uhring wrote:
    >> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:01:33 -0500, dave wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just noticed that the dmesg file contains lots of mplayer messages "can't
    >>> find playback rate 22050 ". Is there any way to keep those mplayer messages
    >>> out of the dmesg?

    >> % cat /var/run/dmesg.boot
    >>

    > Thanks!

    You can add the line :

    quiet=yes

    in the mplayer user or system conf (/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf) in order
    to get less verbose output to the console.

+ Reply to Thread