commercial applications paths - BSD

This is a discussion on commercial applications paths - BSD ; Hey everyone, I would like to compile a binary perl distribution and install it in an independent location of the filesystem, so that it won't interfere with any existing perl distribution. In Linux, commercial applications are free to use the ...

  1. commercial applications paths

    Hey everyone,

    I would like to compile a binary perl distribution and install it in
    an independent location of the filesystem, so that it won't interfere
    with any existing perl distribution. In Linux, commercial applications
    are free to use the subtree of the /opt directory, so I'm using /opt/
    product/perl5 directory. There are also many other files than the
    perl5 directory, I'm just giving you an idea of how it looks like.
    Where can I install such a binary commercial distribution in OpenBSD?
    The hier manual page doesn't give any clue on this or any hook.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: commercial applications paths

    Alin Dobre wrote:
    > Hey everyone,
    >
    > I would like to compile a binary perl distribution and install it in
    > an independent location of the filesystem, so that it won't interfere
    > with any existing perl distribution. In Linux, commercial applications
    > are free to use the subtree of the /opt directory, so I'm using /opt/
    > product/perl5 directory. There are also many other files than the
    > perl5 directory, I'm just giving you an idea of how it looks like.
    > Where can I install such a binary commercial distribution in OpenBSD?
    > The hier manual page doesn't give any clue on this or any hook.

    Whereever you want. If you don't call it 'perl', but - say -
    'perl-bin', you could just stick it in /usr/local. For added fun, build
    a port for it first.

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread