Senior UNIX Administrator- Exciting Opportunity - BSD

This is a discussion on Senior UNIX Administrator- Exciting Opportunity - BSD ; Position Title Senior UNIX System Administrator Industry Computer Software Location Los Angeles, CA Company Profile Passenger® is the technology leader in creating collaborative relationships between brands and their most valued customers. The company's on-demand software platform creates private brand communities ...

  1. Senior UNIX Administrator- Exciting Opportunity

    Position Title Senior UNIX System Administrator
    Industry Computer Software
    Location Los Angeles, CA

    Company Profile
    Passenger® is the technology leader in creating collaborative
    relationships between brands and their most valued customers. The
    company's on-demand software platform creates private brand
    communities to incorporate customers as an integral part of the
    business process, while empowering customers through ownership of
    ideas. Founded in 2005 and based in Los Angeles, Calif., the company
    is privately held and backed by Shelter Capital Partners.

    Please visit our website at www.thinkpassenger.com.

    Position Summary
    The Senior UNIX System Administrator will be responsible for general
    oversight of all daily activities associated with administration of
    all servers, systems, local area and wide area networks and related
    services.

    Responsibilities
    · Resolve IT related issues including but not limited to:
    o Level 1 user administration, software/hardware requests, application
    troubleshooting, printer configurations, etc.
    o Level 2 - system issues; network/system outages; VPN issues;
    software compatibility issues, etc.
    · Maintain outsourced hosting partners including web and email.
    · Install, configure, maintain as well as troubleshoot communications
    network equipment: routers, switches, hubs, firewall, DNS, VPN, and
    other communication devices.
    · Support remote users and users in field offices by ensuring
    consistent level of end user support across the organization.

    Requirements
    · Degree in Computer Science or other related discipline.
    · 7+ years hands-on experience in help desk role supporting UNIX/LINUX
    and Open BSD.
    · Solaris experience a huge plus.
    · Must have experience with VPN client and email server management
    support.
    · Excellent understanding of PC software, operating systems and
    applications, networks, and possibly hardware (peripherals) with
    moderate-to-high level software, network and hardware troubleshooting
    skills gained through experience and/or training.
    · Excellent working knowledge of UNIX and Linux, PC Hardware, TCP/IP,
    Active Directory, Exchange, Antivirus, VPN, Internet Explorer, Ghost.
    · Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple
    tasks.

    To learn if your background aligns with our staffing needs, please
    email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to
    careers@thinkpassenger.com. Passenger is an equal opportunity
    employer.

  2. Re: Senior UNIX Administrator- Exciting Opportunity

    This looks like an excellent opportunity for someone from Mexico
    who would presumably speak Spanish and blend in well with the
    dominant ethnic group in California.

    --
    Don't Worry. Be Happy.

+ Reply to Thread