I was tweaking my spamd.conf to add an entry (the big U of A traplist),
and when I tested the changes with spamd-setup, I get:

pfctl: Cannot allocate memory

If I remove the new blacklist entry from the "all" section it works fine
(as it has for months).

So, it appears that I am hitting a hard limit of some kind, probably
related to pf table entries. vmstat says:

[...]
clvrmnky@thing:/etc $ sudo vmstat -m| grep '^pf'
pfiaddrpl 100 10 0 0 1 0 1 1 0
8 0
pfrulepl 632 58 0 12 10 0 10 10 0
8 2
pfstatepl 284 26777 0 26737 17 0 17 17 0
715 13
pfpooladdrpl 68 6 0 0 1 0 1 1 0
8 0
pfrktable 1240 6432 0 6424 4 0 4 4 0
334 0
pfrkentry 156 383781 5 334230 3847 0 3847 3847 0
3847 1941
pfosfpen 108 696 0 348 12 2 10 10 0
8 0
pfosfp 28 416 0 208 2 0 2 2 0
8 0
pffrent 16 18788 0 18788 1 0 1 1 0
20 1
pffrag 48 9394 0 9394 1 0 1 1 0
12 1
clvrmnky@thing:/etc $
[...]

Are those 5 failures for pfrkentry significant in this case? It seems
to go up with these failures. This implies that, if I wanted to run
with this new blacklist entry, I'd have to bump the table-entries setting.

Of course, I'd have to make sure I could spare the memory to do so. I
assume further judicious use of vmstat should be able to help with that.
It looks to me like I have 75.6MB tied up in table entries right now,
which seems high to me.

I just want to make sure I'm looking at the right setting.
--
clvrmnky

Direct replies will be blacklisted. Replace "spamtrap" with my name to
contact me directly.