Regex and pcre not supported by default - BSD

This is a discussion on Regex and pcre not supported by default - BSD ; Hi there, I installed Postfix on Openbsd 4.0 with the default package. But when using body and header checks I get the message that regex and pcre is not supported. What format should I use for OpenBSD? Or do I ...

  1. Regex and pcre not supported by default

    Hi there,

    I installed Postfix on Openbsd 4.0 with the default package.

    But when using body and header checks I get the message that regex and pcre
    is not supported.

    What format should I use for OpenBSD?

    Or do I have to recompile Postfix myself?

    Thank you for your answer.

  2. Re: Regex and pcre not supported by default

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:29:53 +0200 in <4670ee6a$0$67932$dbd4b001@news.wanadoo.nl> DK wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I installed Postfix on Openbsd 4.0 with the default package.
    >
    > But when using body and header checks I get the message that regex and pcre
    > is not supported.
    >
    > What format should I use for OpenBSD?
    >
    > Or do I have to recompile Postfix myself?

    Yep, or atleast use the wrapper from ports.
    Don't forget to set the right flavor to obtain PCRE.
    --
    Chris Dukes
    < elfick> willg: you can't use dell to beat people, it wouldn't stand up

  3. Re: Regex and pcre not supported by default

    pakrat@localhost.pr.neotoma.org wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:29:53 +0200 in <4670ee6a$0$67932$dbd4b001@news.wanadoo.nl> DK wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I installed Postfix on Openbsd 4.0 with the default package.
    >>
    >> But when using body and header checks I get the message that regex and pcre
    >> is not supported.
    >>
    >> What format should I use for OpenBSD?
    >>
    >> Or do I have to recompile Postfix myself?

    > Yep, or atleast use the wrapper from ports.
    > Don't forget to set the right flavor to obtain PCRE.

    Maybe this has changed since 4.0, but on my -current system, pkg/DESCR
    says that PCRE is always included, for both the snapshot and stable. And
    I do seem to recall that compiling regexp tables out of Postfix is not
    that easy.

    Are you certain that the tables themselves are not supported? Postconf
    -m appears to return the information. A more exact description of the
    problem might be good if you want us to help some more.

    Joachim

  4. Re: Regex and pcre not supported by default

    Joachim Schipper wrote:
    > pakrat@localhost.pr.neotoma.org wrote:
    >> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:29:53 +0200 in <4670ee6a$0$67932$dbd4b001@news.wanadoo.nl> DK wrote:
    >>> Hi there,
    >>>
    >>> I installed Postfix on Openbsd 4.0 with the default package.
    >>>
    >>> But when using body and header checks I get the message that regex and pcre
    >>> is not supported.
    >>>
    >>> What format should I use for OpenBSD?
    >>>
    >>> Or do I have to recompile Postfix myself?

    >> Yep, or atleast use the wrapper from ports.
    >> Don't forget to set the right flavor to obtain PCRE.

    > Maybe this has changed since 4.0, but on my -current system, pkg/DESCR
    > says that PCRE is always included, for both the snapshot and stable. And
    > I do seem to recall that compiling regexp tables out of Postfix is not
    > that easy.
    >
    > Are you certain that the tables themselves are not supported? Postconf
    > -m appears to return the information. A more exact description of the
    > problem might be good if you want us to help some more.

    I concur. I use body and header checks in Postfix with the stock
    package install, and have for some time. I don't recall needing
    anything else, though I do have pcre-6-4p1 package install, as well.
    --
    clvrmnky

    Direct replies will be blacklisted. Replace "spamtrap" with my name to
    contact me directly.

+ Reply to Thread