Proper Way to rebuild packages with modified flavors - BSD

This is a discussion on Proper Way to rebuild packages with modified flavors - BSD ; What is the proper way to modify package flavors prior to rebuilding the package? (Mutt in this case) Thanks, Dave Feustel...

  1. Proper Way to rebuild packages with modified flavors

    What is the proper way to modify package flavors prior to
    rebuilding the package? (Mutt in this case)

    Thanks,
    Dave Feustel

  2. Re: Proper Way to rebuild packages with modified flavors

    dave writes:

    > What is the proper way to modify package flavors prior to
    > rebuilding the package? (Mutt in this case)

    $ cd /usr/ports/mail/mutt/stable
    $ env FLAVOR="foo" make package

    where "foo" is some combination of of slang, compressed, and mixmaster,
    The flavor mechanism is described in more detail in the ports(7) man page.

    // marc

  3. Re: Proper Way to rebuild packages with modified flavors

    Marco S Hyman wrote:
    > dave writes:
    >
    >> What is the proper way to modify package flavors prior to
    >> rebuilding the package? (Mutt in this case)

    > $ cd /usr/ports/mail/mutt/stable
    > $ env FLAVOR="foo" make package
    >
    > where "foo" is some combination of of slang, compressed, and mixmaster,
    > The flavor mechanism is described in more detail in the ports(7) man page.
    >
    > // marc

    I may have used the wrong terminology. What I really need to know is where the
    options (eg --enable-flock, etc) passed to mutt configure are stored within the
    package so that I can copy them to use with configure for the most recent
    version of mutt. Mutt has a new feature (smtp_url) that I can really use. I've
    looked for the mutt configure options but so far have not found them. --

  4. Re: Proper Way to rebuild packages with modified flavors

    dave wrote:
    > Marco S Hyman wrote:
    >> dave writes:
    >>
    >>> What is the proper way to modify package flavors prior to rebuilding
    >>> the package? (Mutt in this case)

    >> $ cd /usr/ports/mail/mutt/stable
    >> $ env FLAVOR="foo" make package
    >>
    >> where "foo" is some combination of of slang, compressed, and
    >> mixmaster, The flavor mechanism is described in more detail in the
    >> ports(7) man page.
    >>
    >> // marc
    >>

    > I may have used the wrong terminology. What I really need to know is
    > where the options (eg --enable-flock, etc) passed to mutt configure
    > are stored within the package so that I can copy them to use with
    > configure for the most recent version of mutt. Mutt has a new feature
    > (smtp_url) that I can really use. I've looked for the mutt configure
    > options but so far have not found them. --

    grep -iR configure /usr/ports/*/mutt should sort you out. (No, it's not
    under patches/.)

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread