BSD Certification - BSD

This is a discussion on BSD Certification - BSD ; I wonder if we should be get Certification for BSD going. Someone like COMPTia might be interested. -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising! PAtriots! MAke your declaration of loyalty!...

  1. BSD Certification

    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    PAtriots! MAke your declaration of loyalty!

  2. Re: BSD Certification

    doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:

    > I wonder if we should be get Certification for BSD going. Someone like
    > COMPTia might be interested.

    There is an effort underway already, see http://www.bsdcertification.org/.

    Beta versions of the exam were offered at BSDCan and LinuxTag
    recently.

  3. Re: BSD Certification

    In article <878xazvl8c.fsf@thingy.datadok.no>,
    Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
    >doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:
    >
    >> I wonder if we should be get Certification for BSD going. Someone like
    >> COMPTia might be interested.

    >There is an effort underway already, see http://www.bsdcertification.org/.
    >
    >Beta versions of the exam were offered at BSDCan and LinuxTag
    >recently.
    >
    >--
    >Peter N. M. Hansteen, member of the first RFC 1149 implementation team
    >http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/
    >"First, we kill all the spammers" The Usenet Bard, "Twice-forwarded tales"
    >delilah spamd[29949]: 85.152.224.147: disconnected after 42673 seconds.

    Got you. I shall bookmark and take the test!
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    PAtriots! MAke your declaration of loyalty!

  4. Re: BSD Certification

    Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
    >doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) writes:
    >
    >> I wonder if we should be get Certification for BSD going. Someone like
    >> COMPTia might be interested.

    >There is an effort underway already, see http://www.bsdcertification.org/.
    >
    >Beta versions of the exam were offered at BSDCan and LinuxTag
    >recently.

    I've just had a look at the specifications. It is quite out-of-date
    with respect to OpenBSD, not surprisingly (3.7 and 3.8 have been
    end-of-lifed, and we do have tools to update packages that tend to work...)

  5. Re: BSD Certification

    espie@lain.home (Marc Espie) writes:

    > I've just had a look at the specifications. It is quite out-of-date
    > with respect to OpenBSD, not surprisingly (3.7 and 3.8 have been
    > end-of-lifed, and we do have tools to update packages that tend to work...)

    Sounds like nobody suffciently clued on OpenBSD matters ever had time
    to contribute yet, then. Pity, really.

  6. Re: BSD Certification

    In article <874plntouo.fsf@thingy.datadok.no>,
    Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
    >espie@lain.home (Marc Espie) writes:
    >
    >> I've just had a look at the specifications. It is quite out-of-date
    >> with respect to OpenBSD, not surprisingly (3.7 and 3.8 have been
    >> end-of-lifed, and we do have tools to update packages that tend to work...)

    >Sounds like nobody suffciently clued on OpenBSD matters ever had time
    >to contribute yet, then. Pity, really.

    Get the standardization correct.
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    PAtriots! MAke your declaration of loyalty!

+ Reply to Thread