IPSec troubleshooting - BSD

This is a discussion on IPSec troubleshooting - BSD ; All, Wanted to get some tips about IPSec troubleshooting in case there are any problems. So far it's been working well, but I wanted to know if there are any log-files that are useful if something stops working. I checked ...

  1. IPSec troubleshooting

    All,
    Wanted to get some tips about IPSec troubleshooting in case there are
    any problems. So far it's been working well, but I wanted to know if
    there are any log-files that are useful if something stops working. I
    checked the /var/log/messages but it does not appear to have the log
    entries I'm looking for. Am I just looking in the wrong spot? Are
    there other/better ways of troubleshooting?

    Schnib

  2. Re: IPSec troubleshooting

    schnibitz wrote:
    > All,
    > Wanted to get some tips about IPSec troubleshooting in case there are
    > any problems. So far it's been working well, but I wanted to know if
    > there are any log-files that are useful if something stops working. I
    > checked the /var/log/messages but it does not appear to have the log
    > entries I'm looking for. Am I just looking in the wrong spot? Are
    > there other/better ways of troubleshooting?

    You'll want to take a look at the isakmpd man page; it can be made to
    output a lot of log messages, though those tend not to lead to a direct
    conclusion; Google is your friend, to some extent.

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread