Disappearing Mouse Pointer in 4.1 - BSD

This is a discussion on Disappearing Mouse Pointer in 4.1 - BSD ; I have installed AMD 64-bit OpenBSD 4.1 and upgraded all my packages successfully. I am now having a problem with a disappearing mouse cursor in KDE. The mouse disappears completely and clicking has no effect. Then after about 30 seconds ...

  1. Disappearing Mouse Pointer in 4.1

    I have installed AMD 64-bit OpenBSD 4.1 and upgraded all my packages
    successfully. I am now having a problem with a disappearing mouse cursor in
    KDE. The mouse disappears completely and clicking has no effect. Then after
    about 30 seconds to a minute, right clicking the mouse starts to produce the
    normal windows, but the cursor is still invisible. Finally the mouse cursor
    reappeared. Any ideas what might be causing this?

    Thanks.
    Dave Feustel

    --
    Kurt Godel - The GOD of indecisiveness

  2. Re: Disappearing Mouse Pointer in 4.1

    dave wrote:
    > I have installed AMD 64-bit OpenBSD 4.1 and upgraded all my packages
    > successfully. I am now having a problem with a disappearing mouse cursor in
    > KDE. The mouse disappears completely and clicking has no effect. Then after
    > about 30 seconds to a minute, right clicking the mouse starts to produce the
    > normal windows, but the cursor is still invisible. Finally the mouse cursor
    > reappeared. Any ideas what might be causing this?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Dave Feustel

    If you're using a GeForce 6150 ( or higher ? ) with the nv driver,
    disabling the Hardware Cursor might help .
    To do so, add the following line in the the device section of your
    graphic card in /etc/X11/xorg.conf ( or whatever file you're using to
    initialize the X server ) :
    Option "HWCursor" "false"

    This applies only if you have an nvidia graphic chipset and if you are
    using the nv driver ( = the problem is not related with KDE and should
    occur with any other window manager ).

+ Reply to Thread