Re: mount newfs filesystem image to folder - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: mount newfs filesystem image to folder - BSD ; pankaj.takawale wrote: >I want to mount newfs filesystem image - mr.fs to a directory, so that >i can modify mr.fs >On linux command is - mount fsImage /mnt/MountImg -t ext2 -o loop=/ >dev/loop0 >What is the similar on openbsd? You ...

  1. Re: mount newfs filesystem image to folder

    pankaj.takawale wrote:

    >I want to mount newfs filesystem image - mr.fs to a directory, so that
    >i can modify mr.fs

    >On linux command is - mount fsImage /mnt/MountImg -t ext2 -o loop=/
    >dev/loop0

    >What is the similar on openbsd?

    You might wish to read the "vnconfig" man-page , a small
    extract of which follows:

    [...]
    EXAMPLES
    Configure a CD-ROM or DVD image file as vnode disk svnd0 and mount the
    ISO 9660 file system contained in it:

    # vnconfig svnd0 /tmp/diskimage
    # mount -t cd9660 /dev/svnd0c /mnt

    [...]

    Unmount the file system and unconfigure the vnode device:

    # umount /mnt
    # vnconfig -u svnd0 [...]

    Regards , An Odd User.

  2. Re: mount newfs filesystem image to folder

    Thanx for your reply, I will try this out and post my results soon.
    Thanx once again.

+ Reply to Thread