PING: Igor S. , regarding Kerberos v4. - BSD

This is a discussion on PING: Igor S. , regarding Kerberos v4. - BSD ; I don't use a local MTA , and don't have a particularly reliable email-provider at present , but I did send the following pseudo-anonymous email to bugs@openbsd.org : "bugs@openbsd.org Stale Kerberos v4 "baddynamic" ports. " 2. Repeatable problems that are ...

  1. PING: Igor S. , regarding Kerberos v4.

    I don't use a local MTA , and don't have a particularly
    reliable email-provider at present , but I did send the
    following pseudo-anonymous email to bugs@openbsd.org:

    "bugs@openbsd.org

    Stale Kerberos v4 "baddynamic" ports.

    " 2. Repeatable problems that are not specific to your
    hardware/software layout. "

    The default sysctl settings (in OpenBSD 4.0-release) for
    net.inet.tcp.baddynamic and net.inet.udp.baddynamic seem to
    list many old Kerberos v4 related ports. My /etc/services
    doesn't even have listings for any services using port 761 ,
    though Google links this port with Kerberos as well.

    I have been advised that the default /root/.klogin file is
    also not for the current version of Kerberos that OpenBSD
    uses.

    It would probably be best if someone knowledgeable about
    Kerberos v4 and v5 could delete or update old configuration
    files and old references generally throughout the system.

    Thank-you and Best Regards , An Odd User."

  2. Re: PING: Igor S. , regarding Kerberos v4.

    George Orwell wrote:
    > I don't use a local MTA , and don't have a particularly
    > reliable email-provider at present , but I did send the
    > following pseudo-anonymous email to bugs@openbsd.org:

    [...]
    > Thank-you and Best Regards , An Odd User."

    Hi George.

    That is not a bug report at all. Please, read the next reference
    before submitting a bug report: http://www.openbsd.org/report.html

    The problem description is wrong too. All information required to
    open a good bug report on this issue is provided in the thread;
    I certainly do not know why you are not using that information
    to fill the bug report.

    Cheers,
    Igor.

+ Reply to Thread