OpenVPN does not start on boot - BSD

This is a discussion on OpenVPN does not start on boot - BSD ; OpenBSD 3.9 - rc.conf.local has: /usr/local/sbin/openvpn --cd /etc/openvpn --daemon --config /etc/openvpn/server.conf in it. But it does not load on reboot. I have to issue an /bin/sh /etc/rc and then it starts. I guess that the if is not entirely up ...

  1. OpenVPN does not start on boot

    OpenBSD 3.9 - rc.conf.local has:

    /usr/local/sbin/openvpn --cd /etc/openvpn --daemon --config
    /etc/openvpn/server.conf

    in it.

    But it does not load on reboot.

    I have to issue an /bin/sh /etc/rc

    and then it starts. I guess that the if is not entirely up when it tries to
    start, and the it fails.

    What to do in order to have it start unanttended?

    Regards, Lars.

  2. Re: OpenVPN does not start on boot

    On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:15:12 +0200, Lars Bonnesen wrote:

    > OpenBSD 3.9 - rc.conf.local has:

    ^^^^

    Wrong file. /etc/rc.conf.local is for variables only. Use
    /etc/rc.local instead.
    --
    --------
    E-mail will only get through if you use my first name before the @

  3. Re: OpenVPN does not start on boot

    "Josh Grosse" skrev i en meddelelse
    newsan.2006.10.14.14.55.01.142399@jggimi.homeip.net...

    > Wrong file. /etc/rc.conf.local is for variables only. Use
    > /etc/rc.local instead.

    Whoa.... that did the trick

    A little error, but big effect (-;

    Thanks.