DHCLIENT: Where does 'route add default w.x.y.z' go? - BSD

This is a discussion on DHCLIENT: Where does 'route add default w.x.y.z' go? - BSD ; I have almost got dhcp working at bootup. I still have to do a 'route add default w.x.y.z' command on the dhclient computer before it gets connected to the internet. Where should I put this command so that it gets ...

  1. DHCLIENT: Where does 'route add default w.x.y.z' go?

    I have almost got dhcp working at bootup. I still have to
    do a 'route add default w.x.y.z' command on the dhclient computer
    before it gets connected to the internet. Where should I put this
    command so that it gets executed automatically when dhclient runs?
    (Dhclient talks to my dhcpd, so maybe instead or in addition I have
    to configure something in dhcpd.conf on the computer running dhcpd)

    Thanks,
    Dave Feustel

    --
    Using OpenBSD with or without X & KDE?
    http://dfeustel.home.mindspring.com

  2. Re: DHCLIENT: Where does 'route add default w.x.y.z' go?

    dfeustel@mindspring.com (dfeustel@mindspring.com) wrote:
    > I have almost got dhcp working at bootup. I still have to
    > do a 'route add default w.x.y.z' command on the dhclient computer
    > before it gets connected to the internet. Where should I put this
    > command so that it gets executed automatically when dhclient runs?
    > (Dhclient talks to my dhcpd, so maybe instead or in addition I have
    > to configure something in dhcpd.conf on the computer running dhcpd)

    You may want to configure option 003 (Router) at your dhcpd.

    Helmut

    --
    Please do not feed my mailbox, Swen still does his job well

+ Reply to Thread