How to filter a Dial-UP - BSD

This is a discussion on How to filter a Dial-UP - BSD ; Hi group... I want to know if anybody knows how to filter dial up clients to my data servers or my web servers... Im working in a company, and we have public IP addresses so while the "clients" connect from ...

  1. How to filter a Dial-UP

    Hi group...

    I want to know if anybody knows how to filter dial up clients to my
    data servers or my web servers...

    Im working in a company, and we have public IP addresses so while the
    "clients" connect from inside the network we dont have any trouble....
    the thing is that we have some branch offices and they had hire with
    and ISP, they connect us with a Dial Up connection or with DSL, they
    dont have a static IP.

    So, please let me know the way to solve this...

    Thanx

  2. Re: How to filter a Dial-UP

    carlosbt2278 wrote:
    > Hi group...
    >
    > I want to know if anybody knows how to filter dial up clients to my
    > data servers or my web servers...
    >
    > Im working in a company, and we have public IP addresses so while the
    > "clients" connect from inside the network we dont have any trouble....
    > the thing is that we have some branch offices and they had hire with
    > and ISP, they connect us with a Dial Up connection or with DSL, they
    > dont have a static IP.
    >
    > So, please let me know the way to solve this...

    IPsec?

    Joachim

  3. Re: How to filter a Dial-UP

    "carlosbt2278" writes:

    > Im working in a company, and we have public IP addresses so while the
    > "clients" connect from inside the network we dont have any trouble....
    > the thing is that we have some branch offices and they had hire with
    > and ISP, they connect us with a Dial Up connection or with DSL, they
    > dont have a static IP.

    if your users can be bothered to use ssh, you should look into authpf.

    20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds

  4. Re: How to filter a Dial-UP

    Thanx for your attention Peter

    Im going to work with the authpf, do you have more information about
    it??

    Thanx again...

    Carlos Balanzario

    Peter N. M. Hansteen ha escrito:

    > "carlosbt2278" writes:
    >
    > > Im working in a company, and we have public IP addresses so while the
    > > "clients" connect from inside the network we dont have any trouble....
    > > the thing is that we have some branch offices and they had hire with
    > > and ISP, they connect us with a Dial Up connection or with DSL, they
    > > dont have a static IP.

    > if your users can be bothered to use ssh, you should look into authpf.
    >
    > --
    > Peter N. M. Hansteen, member of the first RFC 1149 implementation team
    > http://www.blug.linux.no/rfc1149/ http://www.datadok.no/ http://www.nuug.no/
    > "First, we kill all the spammers" The Usenet Bard, "Twice-forwarded tales"
    > 20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds

  5. Re: How to filter a Dial-UP

    "carlosbt2278" writes:

    > Im going to work with the authpf, do you have more information about
    > it??

    The FAQ is always a good place to start - http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/authpf.html;
    your favourite search engine should turn up other useful examples.

    20:11:56 delilah spamd[26905]: 146.151.48.74: disconnected after 36099 seconds

+ Reply to Thread