Collisions when using pkg_add - BSD

This is a discussion on Collisions when using pkg_add - BSD ; Hello, I'm trying to install IMP on an OpenBSD i386 3.8, and I'd like to do it using the packages. When running something like : pkg_add ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3....p-h3-4.0.2.tgz I get : Collision: the following files already exist /usr/local/include/ltdl.h (different md5) /usr/local/lib/libltdl.a ...

  1. Collisions when using pkg_add

    Hello,

    I'm trying to install IMP on an OpenBSD i386 3.8, and I'd like
    to do it using the packages.
    When running something like :
    pkg_add ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3....p-h3-4.0.2.tgz
    I get :
    Collision: the following files already exist
    /usr/local/include/ltdl.h (different md5)
    /usr/local/lib/libltdl.a (different md5)
    /usr/local/lib/libltdl.la (different md5)
    /usr/sbin/pkg_add: fatal issues in installing libltdl-1.5.18

    So I tried to launch :
    pkg_add -F conflicts,installed,boguslibs -q libltdl-1.5.18.tgz
    but this does not help.
    Questions :
    - These files don't seem to come out of any package. Do they?
    (pkg_info -E seems to agree)
    - Can I brutely overwrite these files, hoping their new versions
    won't do no harm?
    Seriously, may you give me any advice?

    Thanks

    --
    Nicolas Ecarnot

  2. Re: Collisions when using pkg_add

    In article ,
    Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >I'm trying to install IMP on an OpenBSD i386 3.8, and I'd like
    >to do it using the packages.
    >When running something like :
    >pkg_add ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3....p-h3-4.0.2.tgz
    >I get :
    >Collision: the following files already exist
    > /usr/local/include/ltdl.h (different md5)
    > /usr/local/lib/libltdl.a (different md5)
    > /usr/local/lib/libltdl.la (different md5)
    >/usr/sbin/pkg_add: fatal issues in installing libltdl-1.5.18
    >
    >So I tried to launch :
    >pkg_add -F conflicts,installed,boguslibs -q libltdl-1.5.18.tgz
    >but this does not help.
    >Questions :
    >- These files don't seem to come out of any package. Do they?
    >(pkg_info -E seems to agree)
    >- Can I brutely overwrite these files, hoping their new versions
    >won't do no harm?
    >Seriously, may you give me any advice?

    Indeed, they do not seem to come from any package, since pkg_add just tells
    you they have a different md5. Either you installed stuff by hand, or
    something went very wrong on your machine.

    Considering they're just an include file and a static library, removing
    those files and proceeding with the install should work...

  3. Re: Collisions when using pkg_add

    Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to install IMP on an OpenBSD i386 3.8, and I'd like
    > to do it using the packages.
    > When running something like :
    > pkg_add ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3....p-h3-4.0.2.tgz
    > I get :
    > Collision: the following files already exist
    > /usr/local/include/ltdl.h (different md5)
    > /usr/local/lib/libltdl.a (different md5)
    > /usr/local/lib/libltdl.la (different md5)
    > /usr/sbin/pkg_add: fatal issues in installing libltdl-1.5.18
    >
    > So I tried to launch :
    > pkg_add -F conflicts,installed,boguslibs -q libltdl-1.5.18.tgz
    > but this does not help.
    > Questions :
    > - These files don't seem to come out of any package. Do they?
    > (pkg_info -E seems to agree)
    > - Can I brutely overwrite these files, hoping their new versions
    > won't do no harm?
    > Seriously, may you give me any advice?

    Looks like, at some point, you either compiled something from source or
    messed up the package database.

    As mentioned, removing them and proceeding with the install should yield
    useful packages. It may break whatever you had installed, though... (if
    it's a different version, for instance).

    Joachim

  4. Re: Collisions when using pkg_add

    le 2006-05-16, jkillspam.schipper@math.uu.nl
    écrivait :
    > looks like, at some point, you either compiled something from

    source or
    > messed up the package database.

    The only thing i compiled from source was mail/maildrop with the mysql flavor
    (mysql client+server already installed). and i could swear i did not mess
    anything else, considering compiling from ports is messing...

    anyway, this *did* work so thank you.

    --
    nicolas Ecarnot

+ Reply to Thread