Lost ASDL connection - BSD

This is a discussion on Lost ASDL connection - BSD ; Hi, I've installed OpenBSD 3.8 with two ADSL connection, one for VOIP and one for internet. Every hour i lost my internet connection, i recover it after 1 or 2 minutes, or by use of dhclient ifname. If this connection ...

  1. Lost ASDL connection

    Hi,

    I've installed OpenBSD 3.8 with two ADSL connection, one for VOIP and
    one for internet. Every hour i lost my internet connection, i recover it
    after 1 or 2 minutes, or by use of dhclient ifname.
    If this connection to an debian, i don't lost the network.
    My provider is free (french), and my modem a freebox.

    Thanks for your help

    Nathanael Semhoun

  2. Re: Lost ASDL connection

    Nathanael Semhoun wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've installed OpenBSD 3.8 with two ADSL connection, one for
    > VOIP and one for internet. Every hour i lost my internet connection, i
    > recover it after 1 or 2 minutes, or by use of dhclient ifname. If
    > this connection to an debian, i don't lost the network. My provider
    > is free (french), and my modem a freebox.

    How have you set up dhcp? Can we see /etc/hostname. and
    /etc/dhclient.conf?

    Joachim

  3. Re: Lost ASDL connection

    jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    > Nathanael Semhoun wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >> I've installed OpenBSD 3.8 with two ADSL connection, one for
    >>VOIP and one for internet. Every hour i lost my internet connection, i
    >>recover it after 1 or 2 minutes, or by use of dhclient ifname. If
    >>this connection to an debian, i don't lost the network. My provider
    >>is free (french), and my modem a freebox.

    > How have you set up dhcp? Can we see /etc/hostname. and
    > /etc/dhclient.conf?
    >
    > Joachim

    Yes

  4. Re: Lost ASDL connection

    Nathanael Semhoun wrote:
    > jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    >> Nathanael Semhoun wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I've installed OpenBSD 3.8 with two ADSL connection, one for
    >>>VOIP and one for internet. Every hour i lost my internet connection, i
    >>>recover it after 1 or 2 minutes, or by use of dhclient ifname. If
    >>>this connection to an debian, i don't lost the network. My provider
    >>>is free (french), and my modem a freebox.

    >> How have you set up dhcp? Can we see /etc/hostname. and
    >> /etc/dhclient.conf?
    >>
    >> Joachim

    > Yes

    That's nice, now how about actually showing us the files? ;-)

    A dmesg would be nice, too, while we're at it.

    Please post the output from

    # cat /etc/hostname.* /etc/dhclient.conf; dmesg

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread