speed problem while reading/writing on ide drives - BSD

This is a discussion on speed problem while reading/writing on ide drives - BSD ; Hi, I've got a server running openbsd and desserving a local network. I'm using samba as fileserver for windows clients, and nfs for linux clients. For transfert operation, I've got thoses speeds : Transfert speed between openbsd and a station ...

  1. speed problem while reading/writing on ide drives

    Hi,

    I've got a server running openbsd and desserving a local network.
    I'm using samba as fileserver for windows clients, and nfs for linux
    clients.

    For transfert operation, I've got thoses speeds :

    Transfert speed between openbsd and a station (samba, scp or nfs) : 2 Mb/s
    Transfert between 2 stations (samba, scp or nfs) : 10 Mb/s
    Local file copy on the server : 13 Mb/s

    All those transfert rates are really bad....
    I've got a second PC with the same hardware than my server but running
    Gentoo. Local transfert rate on this station is about 25-30 Mb/s

    Is there any way to speed up disk transferts on OpenBSD ?
    My disk is a Maxtor 300 Gb...

    In dmesg, I have :

    wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0:
    wd0: 16-sector PIO, LBA48, 286168MB, 586072368 sectors
    wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 5

  2. Re: speed problem while reading/writing on ide drives

    Hi

    Try edit /etc/fstab and add softdep for volume.
    Increase net.inet.tcp.sendspace and net.inet.tcp.recvspace

    Reagards
    Boris

  3. Re: speed problem while reading/writing on ide drives

    boris a écrit :
    > Hi
    >
    > Try edit /etc/fstab and add softdep for volume.
    > Increase net.inet.tcp.sendspace and net.inet.tcp.recvspace
    >
    > Reagards
    > Boris

    Thanks for your answer.
    I already have added softdep but not ton increase net.inet.tcp.*space
    I'll tell you if it works better

  4. Re: speed problem while reading/writing on ide drives

    boris a écrit :
    > Hi
    >
    > Try edit /etc/fstab and add softdep for volume.
    > Increase net.inet.tcp.sendspace and net.inet.tcp.recvspace
    >
    > Reagards
    > Boris

    Thanks
    I'll try it and tell you if it works better.

+ Reply to Thread