UPgrading problems - BSD

This is a discussion on UPgrading problems - BSD ; I am tryingto upgrade from 3.2 to 3.8 . This upgrade is not copying the bsd.mp properly and choking when it gets to base.tar.gz . SOS!! -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God Queen and country! ...

  1. UPgrading problems

    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca
    God Queen and country! Beware Anti-Christ rising!
    Canada : Consider carefully whom to vote for on 23 Jan 2006, I choose Liberal!

  2. Re: UPgrading problems

    On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 13:04:14 +0000 (UTC) in The Doctor wrote:
    > I am tryingto upgrade from 3.2 to 3.8 . This upgrade is not
    > copying the bsd.mp properly and choking when it gets to
    > base.tar.gz . SOS!!

    Upgrade is only tested on single version increments.
    (IE 3.2 to 3.3, 3.3 to 3.4, etc etc).
    Make a backup and reinstall.
    (Or do like me and reinstall and redo from scratch. You'll usually
    improve the complex config files each time you do :-).

    --
    Chris Dukes
    Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

  3. Re: UPgrading problems

    The upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4 generally meant a reinstall. All binaries from
    old versions were unusable. I didn't reinstall -- I mounted my installation
    from another installation, and wiped out everything
    but /home, /usr/local/etc, and /etc, and it worked just fine, with zero
    problems. I chose "upgrade" on the boot floppy, and it worked.

    --
    Delete the "REMOVE" and "DELETE" from my email address.
    http://members.usol.com/~argentina97

+ Reply to Thread