Openbsd ADSL + Ultra2 - BSD

This is a discussion on Openbsd ADSL + Ultra2 - BSD ; Howdy, Please could someone advise me of a ADSL PCI card that will work in a Sun Utra 10 (Sparc64) with OpenBSD 3.8 ?? The HCL ( http://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html#hardware ) does not list any ADSL PCI cards and i would like ...

  1. Openbsd ADSL + Ultra2

    Howdy,

    Please could someone advise me of a ADSL PCI card that will work in a
    Sun Utra 10 (Sparc64) with OpenBSD 3.8 ??
    The HCL (http://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html#hardware) does not list
    any ADSL PCI cards and i would like to use the OpenBSD as a firewall.
    (Yup PF rulez relativeky OK ;-)

    TIA

  2. Re: Openbsd ADSL + Ultra2

    wrote in message
    news:1135054794.451857.295160@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Howdy,
    >
    > Please could someone advise me of a ADSL PCI card that will work in a
    > Sun Utra 10 (Sparc64) with OpenBSD 3.8 ??
    > The HCL (http://www.openbsd.org/sparc64.html#hardware) does not list
    > any ADSL PCI cards and i would like to use the OpenBSD as a firewall.
    > (Yup PF rulez relativeky OK ;-)

    Why not just use an external ADSL router with an ethernet interface and fit
    a 2nd NIC in the OpenBSD box? That's what most people do...

    Steve
    http://www.fivetrees.com

+ Reply to Thread