Strange IMAP email problem - BSD

This is a discussion on Strange IMAP email problem - BSD ; Okay, today I SSH into my OpenBSD box running Courier-IMAP from work and use Pine to check my email since I can't get Squirrelmail working just yet. Now, the only place where I can find my new email messages is ...

  1. Strange IMAP email problem

    Okay, today I SSH into my OpenBSD box running Courier-IMAP from work
    and use Pine to check my email since I can't get Squirrelmail working
    just yet. Now, the only place where I can find my new email messages
    is Pine - other email clients (e.g., Mac mail) can't see them! What's
    going on? Any ideas?

  2. Re: Strange IMAP email problem

    sealinux@gmail.com wrote:
    > Okay, today I SSH into my OpenBSD box running Courier-IMAP from work
    > and use Pine to check my email since I can't get Squirrelmail working
    > just yet. Now, the only place where I can find my new email messages
    > is Pine - other email clients (e.g., Mac mail) can't see them! What's
    > going on? Any ideas?

    I'm afraid there's not *nearly* enough information in that to help you.

    Some questions:
    - is the IMAP daemon running? (Confirm by ps and/or netstat.)
    - is Pine configured to use Imap or mbox/maildir/whatever you
    are using? (Can it read Courier's format directly? Does it try
    to?)
    - is Pine configured to take any mail it has read into it's own
    storage? If so, disable that option.
    - do you have pf active? If so, please make sure it does not
    interfere
    - is it possible that the firewall at work blocked any mail
    clients? Does it work from other places than work?
    - what is the exact error? At which point does Mac mail and the
    like not work as expected, what do you expect and what
    happens?
    - has this worked before?
    - if so, do you know or can guess what has changed?

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread