List of Supported Ports? - BSD

This is a discussion on List of Supported Ports? - BSD ; Anyone know where I can find a list of official OpenBSD ports (without actually installing OpenBSD)? -- Jerry Gardner jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

  1. List of Supported Ports?

    --
    Jerry Gardner
    jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net

  2. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On 2005-12-16, Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > Anyone know where I can find a list of official OpenBSD ports (without
    > actually installing OpenBSD)?

    Depends quite a lot on what you really mean when you say "official".

    That said, you could look at the FAQ. Specifically, section 15 - The
    OpenBSD packages and ports system:

    http://openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html

    Particularly, 15.2.3 has links to lists of packages available for
    each of the last couple of versions of OpenBSD.

    I'm not sure if there's a list of all the _available_ ports without
    untarring/updating /usr/ports.

    --
    ratfood@food.skaterat.net
    All foods should be removed to reply

  3. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:

    > Anyone know where I can find a list of official OpenBSD ports (without
    > actually installing OpenBSD)?

    ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.8/packages/i386/

    The only "common" package you wont find is open office,
    but others have ported it.

    gtoomey

  4. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Gregory Toomey wrote:
    > Jerry Gardner wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone know where I can find a list of official OpenBSD ports (without
    >> actually installing OpenBSD)?

    > ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.8/packages/i386/
    >
    > The only "common" package you wont find is open office,
    > but others have ported it.

    Specifically, the index.txt file in that directory. It doesn't contain
    everything (not everything can be built automatically, for instance,
    freeze, Java and anything that depends on such a program).

    And OpenOffice.org is not exactly 'ported'. With extreme prejudice, some
    percussive forehead maintenance, and linux emulation, it can be made to
    run (though as far as I saw last time I mucked with 2.0, without java).
    But that's not the same as 'ported'.

    Joachim

  5. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    John McGrail wrote:
    > On 2005-12-16, Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > > Anyone know where I can find a list of official OpenBSD ports (without
    > > actually installing OpenBSD)?
    > >

    > Depends quite a lot on what you really mean when you say "official".
    >
    > That said, you could look at the FAQ. Specifically, section 15 - The
    > OpenBSD packages and ports system:
    >
    > http://openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html
    >
    > Particularly, 15.2.3 has links to lists of packages available for
    > each of the last couple of versions of OpenBSD.
    >
    > I'm not sure if there's a list of all the _available_ ports without
    > untarring/updating /usr/ports.

    You can browse the ports tree through the CVS web interface:

    http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports

    Note that the default branch is -current, but you can select OPENBSD_3_8
    and such to view the tree for a specific version of OpenBSD.

  6. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:40:26 +0000, jKILLSPAM.schipper wrote:

    > Gregory Toomey wrote:
    >> Jerry Gardner wrote:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know where I can find a list of official OpenBSD ports (without
    >>> actually installing OpenBSD)?

    >> ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.8/packages/i386/
    >>
    >> The only "common" package you wont find is open office,
    >> but others have ported it.

    > Specifically, the index.txt file in that directory. It doesn't contain
    > everything (not everything can be built automatically, for instance,
    > freeze, Java and anything that depends on such a program).
    >
    > And OpenOffice.org is not exactly 'ported'. With extreme prejudice, some
    > percussive forehead maintenance, and linux emulation, it can be made to
    > run (though as far as I saw last time I mucked with 2.0, without java).
    > But that's not the same as 'ported'.

    Actually, you can get Java to work, but you must download
    the source from Sun and compile it yourself.

    Ray

    PS If you try, you had better have *lots* of free disk
    space available. I didn't actually note the exact
    amount, but it is something like 400 - 500 MB.

  7. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Raymond Lillard wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:40:26 +0000, jKILLSPAM.schipper wrote:
    >
    >> ... OpenOffice.org is not exactly 'ported'. With extreme prejudice, some
    >> percussive forehead maintenance, and linux emulation, it can be made to
    >> run (though as far as I saw last time I mucked with 2.0, without java).
    >> But that's not the same as 'ported'.

    > Actually, you can get Java to work, but you must download
    > the source from Sun and compile it yourself.
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > PS If you try, you had better have *lots* of free disk
    > space available. I didn't actually note the exact
    > amount, but it is something like 400 - 500 MB.

    Hmm, I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean. I know that using the
    ports systems requires manual downloading to get Java to work. Do you
    mean that, if one downloads the Java source from Sun, without going to
    the ports systems, and compiles it oneself, one ends up with a java
    executable that will actually work with OpenOffice.org?

    Or do you mean that the java in ports can be made to work with OO.o?

    In either case, please elaborate. I've not spent enough time
    researching, but having a fully-working OpenOffice.org 2.0 would be
    useful at times.

    Joachim

  8. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:47:55 +0000 (UTC), steven mestdagh wrote:
    > You can browse the ports tree through the CVS web interface:

    Thanks. I installed OpenBSD 3.8 on my machine in a VMware virtual
    machine just so I could look at the ports tree. In addition to
    OpenOffice, I found other stuff missing as well, such as anything by
    DJB (djbdns, qmail, etc.)

    On a related question, how do you choose what flavor of port gets
    built? For example, when I tried to build postfix, it pulled in a
    bunch of LDAP stuff I don't want/need. How do I turn this off and
    build the vanilla Postfix?

    --
    Jerry Gardner
    jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net

  9. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner writes:

    > On a related question, how do you choose what flavor of port gets
    > built ?

    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#PortsFlavors
    man 7 ports

    --
    >COIN !

    Comment ça coin ?
    Juste melangé 8.5 et X je suppose...
    -+- In : Guide du Neueu Usenet - Le canard se déchaine -+-

  10. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:47:55 +0000 (UTC), steven mestdagh wrote:
    >> You can browse the ports tree through the CVS web interface:

    > Thanks. I installed OpenBSD 3.8 on my machine in a VMware virtual
    > machine just so I could look at the ports tree. In addition to
    > OpenOffice, I found other stuff missing as well, such as anything by
    > DJB (djbdns, qmail, etc.)

    ISTR that the licensing terms were insufficiently clear, and the
    applications where therefore removed from the ports tree.

    They compile just fine, though, or so I've heard.

    Joachim

  11. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Begin
    On 2005-12-19, Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:47:55 +0000 (UTC), steven mestdagh wrote:

    [snippage]
    > In addition to OpenOffice, I found other stuff missing as well, such
    > as anything by DJB (djbdns, qmail, etc.)

    Apart from already mentioned licencing issues, I'd reconsider using
    qmail. Honesty bids me say that I am not a fan of DJB at all, having
    tried his s/w previously and failed due to too many hoops and hardcoded
    assumptions that I didn't like. But my point here is slightly different:

    qmail has not been updated in the last few years, and altough it may be
    the ideal solution in the DJB universe, it isn't in todays internet.
    There are other MTAs that are at least as good and with less restrictions,
    even. Nowadays even sendmail is halfway usable and fairly hole-free.

  12. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Eric Masson wrote:

    >>On a related question, how do you choose what flavor of port gets
    >>built ?

    > http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#PortsFlavors
    > man 7 ports

    That seems simple enough. When I tried to build Postfix again, the only
    flavors offered were sasl2, mysql, ldap, and pgsql. Is there any way to
    build it without any of these, e.g. plain vanilla, using ports, or do I
    have to build it from source?

  13. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > Eric Masson wrote:
    >
    >>>On a related question, how do you choose what flavor of port gets
    >>>built ?

    >> http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq15.html#PortsFlavors
    >> man 7 ports

    > That seems simple enough. When I tried to build Postfix again, the only
    > flavors offered were sasl2, mysql, ldap, and pgsql. Is there any way to
    > build it without any of these, e.g. plain vanilla, using ports, or do I
    > have to build it from source?

    You can set FLAVOR to any combination of those, including nothing at
    all, and build it from ports. In fact, not setting FLAVOR at all will
    give you the vanilla package.

    Joachim

  14. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On 20 Dec 2005 08:42:07 GMT, jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    > You can set FLAVOR to any combination of those, including nothing at
    > all, and build it from ports. In fact, not setting FLAVOR at all will
    > give you the vanilla package.

    When I tried to build it the first time, I didn't know anything about
    flavors, so I wasn't setting any, and it tried to pull in a bunch of
    LDAP stuff. This implies to me that it wasn't building a vanilla
    package.

    BTW, that first build failed before it completed due to LDAP-related
    issues. That build was done on a newly installed 3.8 system--I thought
    the ports system was supposed to resolve dependencies and pull in
    everything a port depends on automatically?

    --
    Jerry Gardner
    jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net

  15. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > On 20 Dec 2005 08:42:07 GMT, jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    >> You can set FLAVOR to any combination of those, including nothing at
    >> all, and build it from ports. In fact, not setting FLAVOR at all will
    >> give you the vanilla package.

    > When I tried to build it the first time, I didn't know anything about
    > flavors, so I wasn't setting any, and it tried to pull in a bunch of
    > LDAP stuff. This implies to me that it wasn't building a vanilla
    > package.
    >
    > BTW, that first build failed before it completed due to LDAP-related
    > issues. That build was done on a newly installed 3.8 system--I thought
    > the ports system was supposed to resolve dependencies and pull in
    > everything a port depends on automatically?

    It should, yes. But without a more detailed report, it's hard to tell
    what caused the failure. It is possible to see the flavor being built in
    the working directory the ports system uses - if it's building LDAP, it
    will use a -ldap directory.

    Joachim

  16. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On 20 Dec 2005 21:02:46 GMT, jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    >> BTW, that first build failed before it completed due to LDAP-related
    >> issues. That build was done on a newly installed 3.8 system--I thought
    >> the ports system was supposed to resolve dependencies and pull in
    >> everything a port depends on automatically?

    > It should, yes. But without a more detailed report, it's hard to tell
    > what caused the failure. It is possible to see the flavor being built in
    > the working directory the ports system uses - if it's building LDAP, it
    > will use a -ldap directory.

    I did a "make clean" and rebuilt Postfix, and now I'm not getting the
    error, but it's still pulling in mysql by default if I omit the flavor
    entirely or use a blank flavor (env FLAVOR="" make install).

    I'm still looking for a way to build a vanilla Postfix using
    ports. Can anyone offer any hints before I resort to building it from
    source?

    --
    Jerry Gardner
    jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net

  17. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > I did a "make clean" and rebuilt Postfix, and now I'm not getting the
    > error, but it's still pulling in mysql by default if I omit the flavor
    > entirely or use a blank flavor (env FLAVOR="" make install).
    >
    > I'm still looking for a way to build a vanilla Postfix using
    > ports. Can anyone offer any hints before I resort to building it from
    > source?

    You cd to the postfix directory and issue 'make'. If this doesn't work,
    then you are most likely doing something wrong, maybe your ports tree is
    broken, who knows. And why do you insist on building the port, if there
    is a package ready on the FTP servers? see FAQ 15.

  18. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > On 20 Dec 2005 21:02:46 GMT, jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    >>> BTW, that first build failed before it completed due to LDAP-related
    >>> issues. That build was done on a newly installed 3.8 system--I thought
    >>> the ports system was supposed to resolve dependencies and pull in
    >>> everything a port depends on automatically?

    >> It should, yes. But without a more detailed report, it's hard to tell
    >> what caused the failure. It is possible to see the flavor being built in
    >> the working directory the ports system uses - if it's building LDAP, it
    >> will use a -ldap directory.

    > I did a "make clean" and rebuilt Postfix, and now I'm not getting the
    > error, but it's still pulling in mysql by default if I omit the flavor
    > entirely or use a blank flavor (env FLAVOR="" make install).
    >
    > I'm still looking for a way to build a vanilla Postfix using
    > ports. Can anyone offer any hints before I resort to building it from
    > source?

    That's really, really strange. I'll get a look in tomorrow, and file a
    bug report if appropriate.

    Are you building stable or snapshot?

    Can you execute the following in /bin/sh or something similar:
    cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
    # Choose the appropriate one
    cd stable
    cd snapshot
    env
    pkg_info
    uname -a
    sudo make distclean
    sudo make print-run-depends
    sudo make print-build-depends
    sudo make install

    and post the full results? (Or at least the first couple of screens for
    'make install'...)

    Joachim

  19. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On 21 Dec 2005 17:44:26 GMT, jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    > Are you building stable or snapshot?

    Stable.

    > Can you execute the following in /bin/sh or something similar:
    > cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
    > # Choose the appropriate one
    > cd stable
    > cd snapshot
    > env
    > pkg_info
    > uname -a
    > sudo make distclean
    > sudo make print-run-depends
    > sudo make print-build-depends
    > sudo make install

    # cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable
    # env
    PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin
    SHELL=/bin/ksh
    USER=jerry
    MAIL=/var/mail/jerry
    HOME=/root
    TERM=xterm
    SSH_TTY=/dev/ttyp0
    LOGNAME=jerry

    # pkg_info
    autoconf-2.13p0 automatically configure source code on many Un*x
    autoconf-2.57 automatically configure source code on many Un*x
    autoconf-2.59 automatically configure source code on many Un*x
    cyrus-sasl-2.1.20p4 RFC 2222 SASL (Simple Authentication and SecurityLayer)
    gettext-0.10.40p3 GNU gettext
    gmake-3.80p1 GNU make
    help2man-1.29 GNU help2man
    libiconv-1.9.2p1 character set conversion library
    links-0.99 text browser, displays while downloading
    metaauto-0.5 wrapper for gnu auto*
    mysql-client-4.0.24 multithreaded SQL database (client)
    openldap-client-2.2.27p0 Open source LDAP software (client)
    pcre-4.5p1 perl-compatible regular expression library
    postfix-2.2.5p0 fast, secure sendmail replacement
    wget-1.10 retrieve files from the 'net via HTTP and FTP

    # uname -a
    OpenBSD obsd38.gardnerclan.net 3.8 GENERIC#247 amd64

    # make distclean
    ===> mail/postfix/stable
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    ===> mail/postfix/stable,ldap
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    ===> mail/postfix/stable,mysql
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-mysql
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-mysql
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    ===> mail/postfix/stable,sasl2
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-sasl2
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-sasl2
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    ===> mail/postfix/snapshot
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716
    ===> mail/postfix/snapshot,ldap
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-ldap
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-ldap
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: No such file or directory
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    ===> mail/postfix/snapshot,mysql
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-mysql
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-mysql
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: No such file or directory
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    ===> mail/postfix/snapshot,sasl2
    ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-sasl2
    ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-sasl2
    rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: No such file or directory
    *** Error code 1 (ignored)

    # make print-run-depends
    This port requires package(s) "pcre-4.5p1" to run.
    # make print-build-depends
    This port requires package(s) "pcre-4.5p1" to build.

    # make install
    ===> mail/postfix/stable
    ===> mail/postfix/stable,ldap
    ===> Faking installation for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/anvil...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/bounce...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/cleanup...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/discard...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/error...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/flush...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/lmtp...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/local...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/master...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/oqmgr...
    Updating
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    /lo
    cal/libexec/postfix/pickup...
    ..
    .. (lots of similar lines deleted)
    ..
    ===> Building package for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    Link to /usr/ports/packages/amd64/ftp/postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap.tgz
    ===> Installing postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap from
    /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap.tgz
    Can't install postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap because of conflicts =
    (postfix-2.2.5p0)
    /usr/sbin/pkg_add:
    /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap.tgz:Fatal error
    *** Error code 1
    Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable (line 1902 of
    /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
    *** Error code 1
    Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix (line 108 of
    /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk).

    --
    Jerry Gardner
    jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net

  20. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    Jerry Gardner wrote:
    > On 21 Dec 2005 17:44:26 GMT, jKILLSPAM.schipper@math.uu.nl wrote:
    >> Are you building stable or snapshot?

    > Stable.
    >
    >> Can you execute the following in /bin/sh or something similar:
    >> cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
    >> # Choose the appropriate one
    >> cd stable
    >> cd snapshot
    >> env
    >> pkg_info
    >> uname -a
    >> sudo make distclean
    >> sudo make print-run-depends
    >> sudo make print-build-depends
    >> sudo make install

    > # cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable

    > # pkg_info

    <...>
    > postfix-2.2.5p0 fast, secure sendmail replacement

    <...>

    Well, you did manage to install it, it seems.

    > # uname -a
    > OpenBSD obsd38.gardnerclan.net 3.8 GENERIC#247 amd64

    From what branch is this? 3.8-release? 3.8-stable? Or -current?

    > # make distclean
    > ===> mail/postfix/stable
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    > ===> mail/postfix/stable,ldap
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    > ===> mail/postfix/stable,mysql
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-mysql
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-mysql
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    > ===> mail/postfix/stable,sasl2
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-sasl2
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.2.5p0-sasl2
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: Directory not empty
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    > ===> mail/postfix/snapshot
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716
    > ===> mail/postfix/snapshot,ldap
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-ldap
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-ldap
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: No such file or directory
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    > ===> mail/postfix/snapshot,mysql
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-mysql
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-mysql
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: No such file or directory
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)
    > ===> mail/postfix/snapshot,sasl2
    > ===> Cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-sasl2
    > ===> Dist cleaning for postfix-2.3.20050716-sasl2
    > rmdir: /usr/ports/distfiles/postfix: No such file or directory
    > *** Error code 1 (ignored)

    This looks like what *I* see when I run 'make distclean' in
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix. Are you *really* certain you were in
    /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable at the time?

    > # make print-run-depends
    > This port requires package(s) "pcre-4.5p1" to run.
    > # make print-build-depends
    > This port requires package(s) "pcre-4.5p1" to build.
    >
    > # make install
    > ===> mail/postfix/stable
    > ===> mail/postfix/stable,ldap
    > ===> Faking installation for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    > Updating
    > /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable/w-postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap/fake-amd64-ldap/usr=
    > /lo
    > cal/libexec/postfix/anvil...

    > ===> Building package for postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap
    > Link to /usr/ports/packages/amd64/ftp/postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap.tgz
    > ===> Installing postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap from
    > /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap.tgz
    > Can't install postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap because of conflicts =
    > (postfix-2.2.5p0)
    > /usr/sbin/pkg_add:
    > /usr/ports/packages/amd64/all/postfix-2.2.5p0-ldap.tgz:Fatal error
    > *** Error code 1
    > Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable (line 1902 of
    > /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).
    > *** Error code 1
    > Stop in /usr/ports/mail/postfix (line 108 of
    > /usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.subdir.mk).

    And again, the same pattern from /usr/ports/mail/postfix; however, it's
    not consistent with the result from print-{run,build}-depends, which I
    can (only) get from /usr/ports/mail/postfix/stable.

    So, I see two solutions:
    1) You somehow managed to execute two of the four commands in a
    different directory
    2) Your /usr/ports is hosed.

    The second problem is most easily (in terms of human time, not wallclock
    or processing time) 'solved' by rm -rf /usr/ports, followed by a new
    checkout.
    Do try to get a listing, though. For me, /usr/ports/mail/postfix looks
    like this (it's clean, of course
    $ cd /usr/ports/mail/postfix
    $ find .
    ..
    ../CVS
    ../CVS/Repository
    ../CVS/Entries
    ../CVS/Tag
    ../snapshot
    ../snapshot/CVS
    ../snapshot/CVS/Repository
    ../snapshot/CVS/Entries
    ../snapshot/CVS/Tag
    ../snapshot/files
    ../snapshot/files/CVS
    ../snapshot/files/CVS/Repository
    ../snapshot/files/CVS/Entries
    ../snapshot/files/CVS/Tag
    ../snapshot/files/postfix-disable
    ../snapshot/files/postfix-enable
    ../snapshot/patches
    ../snapshot/patches/CVS
    ../snapshot/patches/CVS/Repository
    ../snapshot/patches/CVS/Entries
    ../snapshot/patches/CVS/Tag
    ../snapshot/patches/patch-master.cf
    ../snapshot/pkg
    ../snapshot/pkg/CVS
    ../snapshot/pkg/CVS/Repository
    ../snapshot/pkg/CVS/Entries
    ../snapshot/pkg/CVS/Tag
    ../snapshot/pkg/DESCR
    ../snapshot/pkg/INSTALL
    ../snapshot/pkg/PLIST
    ../snapshot/Makefile
    ../snapshot/distinfo
    ../stable
    ../stable/CVS
    ../stable/CVS/Repository
    ../stable/CVS/Entries
    ../stable/CVS/Tag
    ../stable/files
    ../stable/files/CVS
    ../stable/files/CVS/Repository
    ../stable/files/CVS/Entries
    ../stable/files/CVS/Tag
    ../stable/files/postfix-disable
    ../stable/files/postfix-enable
    ../stable/patches
    ../stable/patches/CVS
    ../stable/patches/CVS/Repository
    ../stable/patches/CVS/Entries
    ../stable/patches/CVS/Tag
    ../stable/patches/patch-master.cf
    ../stable/pkg
    ../stable/pkg/CVS
    ../stable/pkg/CVS/Repository
    ../stable/pkg/CVS/Entries
    ../stable/pkg/CVS/Tag
    ../stable/pkg/DESCR
    ../stable/pkg/INSTALL
    ../stable/pkg/PLIST
    ../stable/distinfo
    ../stable/Makefile
    ../Makefile
    ../Makefile.inc

    If it's (very) different, you are likely in some trouble. This tree is
    more-or-less up to date with 3.8-stable.

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast