List of Supported Ports? - BSD

This is a discussion on List of Supported Ports? - BSD ; On 2005-12-21, Jerry Gardner wrote: > # uname -a > OpenBSD obsd38.gardnerclan.net 3.8 GENERIC#247 amd64 > If you can, try to load the i386 variant on the same hardware and try the same system install/port-building stuff. I have recollections of ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On 2005-12-21, Jerry Gardner wrote:

    > # uname -a
    > OpenBSD obsd38.gardnerclan.net 3.8 GENERIC#247 amd64

    If you can, try to load the i386 variant on the same hardware and try the
    same system install/port-building stuff.

    I have recollections of installing the amd64 port and having trouble
    building the base system (as described in man release). However, I
    don't remember if those were 3.7 or 3.8 troubles and I can't find my
    notes. I have had no troubles doing the same stuff on the same hardware
    with the standard i386 port (both 3.7 and 3.8).

    I could look for my notes to clarify exactly what issues I ran into, but
    won't be able to until early next week.

    John

    --
    ratfood@food.skaterat.net
    All foods should be removed to reply

  2. Re: List of Supported Ports?

    On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:10:26 -0600, John McGrail wrote:
    > If you can, try to load the i386 variant on the same hardware and try the
    > same system install/port-building stuff.

    I gave up on ports and installed everything I needed from
    packages. Apart from needing to resolve a few dependencies by hand, it
    went alot faster than building from ports, espicially since I was
    doing this on a virtual machine running under VMware.

    When I install on the real hardware next week, I'll stick to
    packages. All I really need to install is Postfix, Mailman,
    Squirrelmail, and NTP.

    --
    Jerry Gardner
    jg2-usenet@gardnerclan.net