Hello !

I am try to porting the new seti@home to NetBSD and OpenBSD on various
hardware.

Seti@home do a lot of floating point computations....
A test with a reference WU on NetBSD and OpenBSD (both on i386 and
SPARC) gave heavly differencing results between the computed and the
reference results.
I used different gcc releases and different compiler flags.

On NetBSD and OpenBSD on i386 I get it to work, if I use the CFLAGS
"-ffloat-store -funsafe-math-optimisation". The performance is 20 %
slower compared with other OSes on the same system.

But with these CFLAGS I have no success on SPARC. On NetBSD the results
are some hundret times higher as in the reference, on OpenBSD sometimes
double so high.
Also the performance on OpenBSD SPARC is realy bad. Looks like factor 5
slower a I suggested.

The source should be OK, because worked on other platforms without any
problems.

Have anyone some hints ?

Regards

Lars