    Z.

  2. Re: network name and name of workgrup

    Begin
    On 2005-11-28, Krzys2 wrote:
    > How to get automaticly (like DHCP for IP) network name, name of
    > workgroup for all workstation (win 2000) in local net [...]

    This is what dhcp is for: configure your machines. You usually do that
    by setting the apropriate options in your dhcpd.conf. If there are
    no apropriate options documented in the dhcpd manpages, look for the
    apropriate vendor options to define and set. Note that for that to work
    the dhcp client on your workstations must understand such options for
    them to work, so look for its documentation to see if it can do that.

    If that doesn't help you, check with the vendor (or ask in a vendor
    related newsgroup) for alternate methods to get the information to
    your workstations, and after that you could try and ask about how to
    implement serving that on OpenBSD.

    If you find out how to do it, don't hesitate to tell us, either. :-)

  3. Re: network name and name of workgrup

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:06:42 -0800, jpd
    wrote:

    > If you find out how to do it, don't hesitate to tell us, either. :-)

    You should do your own research too. This guy is obviously trolling. I
    hate that.

    --
    Theo de Raadt.
    http://www.openbsd.org/

  4. Re: network name and name of workgrup

    Begin
    On 2005-12-03, Theo de Raadt wrote:
    > You should do your own research too. This guy is obviously trolling. I
    > hate that.

    Yes, you certainly are. But:

    You do give yourself away, dear.

    Now, altough I don't recommend it, you may hate yourself all you want,
    but nonetheless I'd like you to do it less publicly. Not that it'll
    make any difference to me, mind you.

  5. Re: network name and name of workgrup

    On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 17:16:34 -0800, jpd
    wrote:

    > You do give yourself away, dear.

    FreeBSD??? Why don't you use OpenBSD??? It took me so many years to build
    such a great OS, and you don't even use it? I'm mad.

    --
    Theo de Raadt.
    http://www.openbsd.org/

+ Reply to Thread