    What should I do? Please, tell me if you need more info, :P

    Thanks, good luck

  2. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    On 2005-10-31, adelfino wrote:
    > I've tried:
    > mount_ntfs /dev/hd0a /mnt
    >
    > But I get:
    > mount_ntfs: /dev/hd0a on /mnt: Operation not supported
    >
    > What should I do? Please, tell me if you need more info, :P
    >
    > Thanks, good luck

    You really should supply more info; but, I will assume you are on i386
    running a GENERIC kernel. IIRC, GENERIC does not have NTFS enabled by
    default. You would need to compile a custom kernel for that.

    --
    James Prevatt
    Website: http://jprevatt.beevomit.org

  3. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    adelfino wrote:
    > I've tried:
    > mount_ntfs /dev/hd0a /mnt
    >
    > But I get:
    > mount_ntfs: /dev/hd0a on /mnt: Operation not supported
    >
    > What should I do?

    you should read the FAQ:
    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#foreignfs

    for NTFS, you'll have to build a custom kernel, i.e. take GENERIC and
    uncomment the line "option NTFS" in the configuration.

  4. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    adelfino wrote:
    > I've tried:
    > mount_ntfs /dev/hd0a /mnt
    >
    > But I get:
    > mount_ntfs: /dev/hd0a on /mnt: Operation not supported
    >
    > What should I do? Please, tell me if you need more info, :P
    >
    > Thanks, good luck

    why do you have a /dev/hd0a file?

  5. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    James Prevatt wrote:
    > On 2005-10-31, adelfino wrote:
    > > I've tried:
    > > mount_ntfs /dev/hd0a /mnt
    > >
    > > But I get:
    > > mount_ntfs: /dev/hd0a on /mnt: Operation not supported
    > >
    > > What should I do? Please, tell me if you need more info, :P
    > >
    > > Thanks, good luck
    > >

    > You really should supply more info; but, I will assume you are on i386
    > running a GENERIC kernel. IIRC, GENERIC does not have NTFS enabled by
    > default. You would need to compile a custom kernel for that.
    >
    > --
    > James Prevatt
    > Website: http://jprevatt.beevomit.org
    > v2sw5Yhw6ln3pr4Ock2ma9u7Ow2m5l6i2e4t6MAb8Hen5g5Ta2 8s5Mr5 hackerkey.com

    Yep, you are right, OpenBSD 3.7 GENERIC kernel (i386), sorry, :P

    tedu wrote:
    > adelfino wrote:
    > > I've tried:
    > > mount_ntfs /dev/hd0a /mnt
    > >
    > > But I get:
    > > mount_ntfs: /dev/hd0a on /mnt: Operation not supported
    > >
    > > What should I do? Please, tell me if you need more info, :P
    > >
    > > Thanks, good luck

    > why do you have a /dev/hd0a file?

    It's the device of my NTFS drive, :P. I don't understand what you want
    to say, sorry.

    I decided to just split my drive into one NTFS partition for an OS, :P,
    and another one (FAT) for my documents. I don't want to mount a hole
    system with an experimental code, :S

    Thank you all

  6. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    adelfino wrote:
    > tedu wrote:
    > > why do you have a /dev/hd0a file?

    > It's the device of my NTFS drive, :P. I don't understand what you want
    > to say, sorry.

    i would believe /dev/sd0a or /dev/wd0a, but openbsd should not have
    /dev/hd0a devices.

    if you are going to be using msdos and writing to it, check the misc
    list for several bugs that were fixed recently.

  7. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    > i would believe /dev/sd0a or /dev/wd0a, but openbsd should not have
    > /dev/hd0a devices.

    Oh, it does. Those are HP-IB disks on the hp300 port.

  8. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    Does OpenBSD 3.8 work well with only reading msdos?

    tedu wrote:
    > adelfino wrote:
    > > tedu wrote:
    > > > why do you have a /dev/hd0a file?

    > > It's the device of my NTFS drive, :P. I don't understand what you want
    > > to say, sorry.

    > i would believe /dev/sd0a or /dev/wd0a, but openbsd should not have
    > /dev/hd0a devices.
    >
    > if you are going to be using msdos and writing to it, check the misc
    > list for several bugs that were fixed recently.

  9. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    Miod Vallat wrote:
    > > i would believe /dev/sd0a or /dev/wd0a, but openbsd should not have
    > > /dev/hd0a devices.

    > Oh, it does. Those are HP-IB disks on the hp300 port.

    i decided to play the odds that the original poster wasn't using an
    hp300 system.

  10. Re: Can't mount my NTFS drive

    adelfino wrote:
    > Does OpenBSD 3.8 work well with only reading msdos?

    reading should should work fine.

+ Reply to Thread