Re: kernel module ports - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: kernel module ports - BSD ; nero wrote: > hi all , > > i've some openbsd vm installed in vmware esx server , since there's no > support for openbsd ( but freebsd is supported ) I don't see status of > openbsd vm in ...

  1. Re: kernel module ports

    nero wrote:
    > hi all ,
    >
    > i've some openbsd vm installed in vmware esx server , since there's no
    > support for openbsd ( but freebsd is supported ) I don't see status of
    > openbsd vm in management console.
    >
    > Since there are source file to build kernel module for freebsd I want to
    > know if that can be build on openbsd without problem or if there are some
    > guideline to make port.
    >
    > If that should compile can someone explain me how to setup needed
    > environment to try to build it ? ( now makefile say me there's no
    > bsd.kmod.mk )

    the freebsd module is highly unlikely to work without a lot of changes.

  2. Re: kernel module ports

    tedu wrote:

    > the freebsd module is highly unlikely to work without a lot of changes.

    source is only 5k , there's some guideline anywhere for try to port ?
    thank's

    --
    La coscienza e' la voce interiore che ci avverte che qualcuno sta guardando.
    -- H. L. Mencken

+ Reply to Thread