The 25-port problem - BSD

This is a discussion on The 25-port problem - BSD ; Hello, An external telnet (which is running on a Windows system) fails to the port 25 of another machine running under OpenBSD. A few services installed on the latter, including www, ftp and pop3, - everything work fine, except when ...

  1. The 25-port problem

    Hello,

    An external telnet (which is running on a Windows system) fails to the port
    25 of another machine running under OpenBSD. A few services installed on the
    latter, including www, ftp and pop3, - everything work fine, except when
    connecting to the port. I've googled for the problem and found that there is
    a need to edit a rc.conf file, sendmail_flag option. Either to remove the
    reference to the localhost.rc file or to replace it with the sendmail.cf
    file. The problem is that it still doesn't work.

    Also, note is that there is no ISPs between the Windows and OpenBSD
    machines, so it is definitely not because of port blocking or something like
    this.

    Could anyone suggest something?

    Thank you.

    --
    Unicals Group -- Development Tools for OEMs
    http://www.unicals.com

  2. Re: The 25-port problem

    Ivan A. Kosarev wrote:

    > An external telnet (which is running on a Windows system) fails to the
    > port 25 of another machine running under OpenBSD. A few services
    > installed on the latter, including www, ftp and pop3, - everything work
    > fine, except when connecting to the port. I've googled for the problem
    > and found that there is a need to edit a rc.conf file, sendmail_flag
    > option. Either to remove the reference to the localhost.rc file or to
    > replace it with the sendmail.cf file. The problem is that it still
    > doesn't work.

    Is sendmail listening on an ip other than localhost? Do you have something
    like "DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Name=IPv4, Addr=192.168.0.1 Family=inet')"?

+ Reply to Thread