Torsmo port for OpenBSD? - BSD

This is a discussion on Torsmo port for OpenBSD? - BSD ; I'm desperate to find a torsmo port for OpenBSD. I've tried compiling the source from the project page (didn't work). I've tried installing the FreeBSD port (don't know what I'm doing). Does anybody know where I can get this port ...

  1. Torsmo port for OpenBSD?

    I'm desperate to find a torsmo port for OpenBSD. I've tried compiling
    the source from the project page (didn't work). I've tried installing
    the FreeBSD port (don't know what I'm doing). Does anybody know where
    I can get this port or package? I'm not talented enought to port it
    myself, unfortunately.

    -v

  2. Re: Torsmo port for OpenBSD?

    On 15/10/2005 1:15 AM, vikingshelmut wrote:
    > I'm desperate to find a torsmo port for OpenBSD. I've tried compiling
    > the source from the project page (didn't work). I've tried installing
    > the FreeBSD port (don't know what I'm doing). Does anybody know where I
    > can get this port or package? I'm not talented enought to port it
    > myself, unfortunately.

    The code contains a fair amount of system-specific code, but the authors
    seem to have split most of that out to stand-along modules.

    It looks like Linux is the only system it really expects to runs on,
    with some experimental Solaris specifics that (they say) doesn't work.
    There is also a NetBSD module that might just work.

    I guess someone would have to add an openbsd.c file (or use the netbsd.c
    code) and (perhaps) tweak the code to get past any compile errors in the
    main code.

  3. Re: Torsmo port for OpenBSD?

    There is code based on NetBSD's module, but network statistics doesn't
    work:
    http://hysteria.sk/tmr/torsmo-openbsd.tar.gz
    http://hysteria.sk/tmr/torsmo-openbsd-install.html
    http://hysteria.sk/tmr/torsmo.jpg

    All problems and comments are welcomed, maybe I'll repair netstats too.
    :-)

    Best regards,
    Tomas

    clvrmnky wrote:
    > On 15/10/2005 1:15 AM, vikingshelmut wrote:
    > > I'm desperate to find a torsmo port for OpenBSD. I've tried compiling
    > > the source from the project page (didn't work). I've tried installing
    > > the FreeBSD port (don't know what I'm doing). Does anybody know where I
    > > can get this port or package? I'm not talented enought to port it
    > > myself, unfortunately.
    > >

    > The code contains a fair amount of system-specific code, but the authors
    > seem to have split most of that out to stand-along modules.
    >
    > It looks like Linux is the only system it really expects to runs on,
    > with some experimental Solaris specifics that (they say) doesn't work.
    > There is also a NetBSD module that might just work.
    >
    > I guess someone would have to add an openbsd.c file (or use the netbsd.c
    > code) and (perhaps) tweak the code to get past any compile errors in the
    > main code.

+ Reply to Thread