Ports and flavours. - BSD

This is a discussion on Ports and flavours. - BSD ; I'm having a small problem with ports, packages and flavours. in .../ports/textproc/teTeX if I type make install, then it (after a while) installs teTeX_base-3.0p1 and then fails with an error when it also tries to install teTeX_base-3.0p1-no_x11. I didn't set ...

  1. Ports and flavours.

    I'm having a small problem with ports, packages and flavours.

    in .../ports/textproc/teTeX

    if I type make install, then it (after a while) installs teTeX_base-3.0p1
    and then fails with an error when it also tries to install
    teTeX_base-3.0p1-no_x11. I didn't set FLAVOUR prior to running make
    install.

    Also, I've been trying to install vim, with the following line (as in the
    documentation)

    env FLAVOUR=athena make install

    and on the first line, it says:
    ===> Checking files for vim-6.3.85p0-gtk

    What does this mean? Is it trying to build the gtk flavour, all of the
    flavours (as in the teTeX case), or merely checking for an already
    installed version (in which case, why doesn't it check for all possible
    installed flavours)?

    Can anyone enlighten me?

    Thanks

    -Ed

    --
    (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.) (er258)(@)(eng.cam)(.ac.uk)

    /d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
    {moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}
    for /s 15 d f pop 240 420 m 0 1 3 { 4 2 1 r sub -1 r show } for showpage

  2. Re: Ports and flavours.

    In article ,
    Edward Rosten wrote:
    >I'm having a small problem with ports, packages and flavours.
    >
    >in .../ports/textproc/teTeX
    >
    >if I type make install, then it (after a while) installs teTeX_base-3.0p1
    >and then fails with an error when it also tries to install
    >teTeX_base-3.0p1-no_x11. I didn't set FLAVOUR prior to running make
    >install.

    That's normal.
    Go look at subdirectories, the OpenBSD ports tree is not flat like other
    BSDs.

    >Also, I've been trying to install vim, with the following line (as in the
    >documentation)
    >
    >env FLAVOUR=athena make install

    No. The documentation says FLAVOR.

  3. Re: Ports and flavours.

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:11:13 +0000, Marc Espie wrote:

    >>I'm having a small problem with ports, packages and flavours.
    >>
    >>in .../ports/textproc/teTeX
    >>
    >>if I type make install, then it (after a while) installs teTeX_base-3.0p1
    >>and then fails with an error when it also tries to install
    >>teTeX_base-3.0p1-no_x11. I didn't set FLAVOUR prior to running make
    >>install.

    > That's normal.
    > Go look at subdirectories, the OpenBSD ports tree is not flat like other
    > BSDs.

    I don't follow:

    from ../ports/print/teTeX

    find . -type d
    ..
    ../CVS
    ../base
    ../base/CVS
    ../base/pkg
    ../base/pkg/CVS
    ../base/files
    ../base/files/CVS
    ../base/patches
    ../base/patches/CVS
    ../texmf
    ../texmf/CVS
    ../texmf/pkg
    ../texmf/pkg/CVS

    and find . -name Makefile
    ../base/Makefile
    ../Makefile
    ../texmf/Makefile

    There isn't a seperate directory/makefile for x11 and no_x11 versions, so
    I'm not sure what you mean.

    -Ed

    --
    (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.) (er258)(@)(eng.cam)(.ac.uk)

    /d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
    {moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}
    for /s 15 d f pop 240 420 m 0 1 3 { 4 2 1 r sub -1 r show } for showpage

  4. Re: Ports and flavours.

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:11:13 +0000, Marc Espie wrote

    >>I'm having a small problem with ports, packages and flavours

    >>in .../ports/textproc/teTe

    >>if I type make install, then it (after a while) installs teTeX_base-3.0p
    >>and then fails with an error when it also tries to instal
    >>teTeX_base-3.0p1-no_x11. I didn't set FLAVOUR prior to running mak
    >>install

    > That's normal
    > Go look at subdirectories, the OpenBSD ports tree is not flat like othe
    > BSDs

    I don't follow

    from ../ports/print/teTe

    find . -type

  5. Re: Ports and flavours.

    In article ,
    E. Rosten wrote:
    >On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 09:11:13 +0000, Marc Espie wrote:
    >
    >>>I'm having a small problem with ports, packages and flavours.
    >>>
    >>>in .../ports/textproc/teTeX
    >>>
    >>>if I type make install, then it (after a while) installs teTeX_base-3.0p1
    >>>and then fails with an error when it also tries to install
    >>>teTeX_base-3.0p1-no_x11. I didn't set FLAVOUR prior to running make
    >>>install.

    >> That's normal.
    >> Go look at subdirectories, the OpenBSD ports tree is not flat like other
    >> BSDs.

    >I don't follow:
    >
    >from ../ports/print/teTeX
    >
    >find . -type d
    >.
    >./CVS
    >./base
    >./base/CVS
    >./base/pkg
    >./base/pkg/CVS
    >./base/files
    >./base/files/CVS
    >./base/patches
    >./base/patches/CVS
    >./texmf
    >./texmf/CVS
    >./texmf/pkg
    >./texmf/pkg/CVS
    >

    >and find . -name Makefile
    >./base/Makefile
    >./Makefile
    >./texmf/Makefile
    >
    >There isn't a seperate directory/makefile for x11 and no_x11 versions, so
    >I'm not sure what you mean.

    Go look at the main Makefile, think about FLAVORS...
    (that's textproc/teTeX/Makefile)

+ Reply to Thread