ports with no network. - BSD

This is a discussion on ports with no network. - BSD ; Hi, I've recently installed "snapshot" on a Zaurus, and I'm now interested in adding software from ports. Is there an easy way of doing this without network access (at 30G or so, downloading the whole of distfiles seems somewhat antisocial). ...

  1. ports with no network.

    Hi,

    I've recently installed "snapshot" on a Zaurus, and I'm now interested in
    adding software from ports. Is there an easy way of doing this without
    network access (at 30G or so, downloading the whole of distfiles seems
    somewhat antisocial). Not all the software I need is in "packages" yet.

    Thanks

    -Ed

    --
    (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.) (er258)(@)(eng.cam)(.ac.uk)

    /d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
    {moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}
    for /s 15 d f pop 240 420 m 0 1 3 { 4 2 1 r sub -1 r show } for showpage

  2. Re: ports with no network.

    Hi,

    On 2005-09-30, E. Rosten wrote:
    > I've recently installed "snapshot" on a Zaurus, and I'm now interested in
    > adding software from ports. Is there an easy way of doing this without
    > network access (at 30G or so, downloading the whole of distfiles seems
    > somewhat antisocial). Not all the software I need is in "packages" yet.

    "make fetch" on an other machine on the ports you want, and then move
    the distfiles to the Zaurus? Would that be less antisocial? :-)

  3. Re: ports with no network.

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:33:43 +0000, Antti Nykänen wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > On 2005-09-30, E. Rosten wrote:
    >> I've recently installed "snapshot" on a Zaurus, and I'm now interested in
    >> adding software from ports. Is there an easy way of doing this without
    >> network access (at 30G or so, downloading the whole of distfiles seems
    >> somewhat antisocial). Not all the software I need is in "packages" yet.
    >>

    > "make fetch" on an other machine on the ports you want, and then move
    > the distfiles to the Zaurus? Would that be less antisocial? :-)

    That sounds a lot better, thanks.

    -Ed

    --
    (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.) (er258)(@)(eng.cam)(.ac.uk)

    /d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
    {moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}
    for /s 15 d f pop 240 420 m 0 1 3 { 4 2 1 r sub -1 r show } for showpage

+ Reply to Thread