utah-glx (glx-xf4) on openbsd 3.5 - BSD

This is a discussion on utah-glx (glx-xf4) on openbsd 3.5 - BSD ; i sucesfully compiled utah-glx on my system, only with g400 support (my gfx card). however, copying server-side and client-side library has no effect. applications arent hardware-accelerated, and glx-info reports that it's using indirect mesa3d mode. and it says that server-side ...

  1. utah-glx (glx-xf4) on openbsd 3.5

    i sucesfully compiled utah-glx on my system, only with g400 support (my
    gfx card). however, copying server-side and client-side library has no
    effect. applications arent hardware-accelerated, and glx-info reports
    that it's using indirect mesa3d mode. and it says that server-side
    library is made by SGI. does this mean that X is using original
    preinstalled library from SGI's opengl? i created glx.conf in /etc/X11,
    and modified XF86Config to load glx.so module, and cutted down videoram
    size in half (so other half can be used by utah-glx). still nothing? any
    ideas? thanx.

  2. Re: utah-glx (glx-xf4) on openbsd 3.5

    zarko bulatovic wrote:

    > i sucesfully compiled utah-glx on my system, only with g400 support (my
    > gfx card). however, copying server-side and client-side library has no
    > effect. applications arent hardware-accelerated, and glx-info reports
    > that it's using indirect mesa3d mode. and it says that server-side
    > library is made by SGI. does this mean that X is using original
    > preinstalled library from SGI's opengl? i created glx.conf in /etc/X11,
    > and modified XF86Config to load glx.so module, and cutted down videoram
    > size in half (so other half can be used by utah-glx). still nothing? any
    > ideas? thanx.

    Hi,
    You may want to try reading the XFree's log in /var/log.
    Maybe the Direct Rendering Interface is unable to be loaded.
    Cheers,
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread