Re: Mail forwarding question - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Mail forwarding question - BSD ; On 24/08/2005 11:15 PM, kwg wrote: > ok, so I got the .forward file and it works. Is there anyway to send the > umpteen thousand mails that were received before the .forward file was made? > Take a look ...

  1. Re: Mail forwarding question

    On 24/08/2005 11:15 PM, kwg wrote:
    > ok, so I got the .forward file and it works. Is there anyway to send the
    > umpteen thousand mails that were received before the .forward file was made?

    Take a look at procmail. I can't remember if it only handles incoming
    mail or not, but it's the swiss-army sword of mail processing.

  2. Re: Mail forwarding question

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:17:05 -0400, clvrmnky wrote:
    > On 24/08/2005 11:15 PM, kwg wrote:
    >> ok, so I got the .forward file and it works. Is there anyway to send the
    >> umpteen thousand mails that were received before the .forward file was made?
    >>

    > Take a look at procmail. I can't remember if it only handles incoming
    > mail or not, but it's the swiss-army sword of mail processing.

    formail might help. It is part of the procmail package and lets you do
    operations on individual messages in an archive.

    If possible, the easiest thing would be to just use your favorite file
    transfer mechanism to send the whole archive to the other host.

+ Reply to Thread