httpd & webdav - BSD

This is a discussion on httpd & webdav - BSD ; Hello, I'm a new - happy - user of OpenBSD 3.7 :-) But I have a little problem with webdav and httpd, there is always this message in error_log : Syntax error on line 256 of /conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/modules/libdav.so ...

  1. httpd & webdav

    Hello,

    I'm a new - happy - user of OpenBSD 3.7 :-)

    But I have a little problem with webdav and httpd, there is always this
    message in error_log :

    Syntax error on line 256 of /conf/httpd.conf:
    Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/modules/libdav.so into server: Can't open file

    Anyway, webdav works fine..

    Here is the modified http configuration file :

    LoadModule dav_module /usr/lib/apache/modules/libdav.so

    --

    DAVLockDB /var/www/DAVLockDB
    DAVMinTimeout 600

    ---

    DAV On
    AllowOverride None
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    order allow,deny
    allow from all
    AuthName "iTunes Musik"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthUserFile /var/www/webdav/passwd
    Require user itunes

    Require user chouki

    ---

    Do you know what's the problem ?

    Thank you :-)

  2. Re: httpd & webdav

    On 17/08/2005 8:44 AM, Chouki wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm a new - happy - user of OpenBSD 3.7 :-)
    >
    > But I have a little problem with webdav and httpd, there is always this
    > message in error_log :
    >
    > Syntax error on line 256 of /conf/httpd.conf:
    > Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/modules/libdav.so into server: Can't open file

    Isn't the 3.7 httpd running in a chroot jail? All required module libs
    are now in /var/www/lib, sa far as I can see. Webdav depends on a few
    layers of functionality, so it may sort of work until it fails sometime
    later.

    At least, this is my foggy recollection from setting it up last year.

  3. Re: httpd & webdav

    On 2005-08-17 22:25:46 +0200, clvrmnky
    said:

    > On 17/08/2005 8:44 AM, Chouki wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I'm a new - happy - user of OpenBSD 3.7 :-)
    >>
    >> But I have a little problem with webdav and httpd, there is always this
    >> message in error_log :
    >>
    >> Syntax error on line 256 of /conf/httpd.conf:
    >> Cannot load /usr/lib/apache/modules/libdav.so into server: Can't open file
    >>

    > Isn't the 3.7 httpd running in a chroot jail? All required module libs
    > are now in /var/www/lib, sa far as I can see. Webdav depends on a few
    > layers of functionality, so it may sort of work until it fails sometime
    > later.
    >
    > At least, this is my foggy recollection from setting it up last year.

    Thank you very much, yes, it's because httpd is chrooted.
    Now it works without error message :-)

+ Reply to Thread