newbie openbsd bridge problem - BSD

This is a discussion on newbie openbsd bridge problem - BSD ; Hi group. I am using OpenBSD 3.6 and I am trying to set it up as a bridge. The pc is a Pentium 166 with 32Mb of Ram. I have two ethernet cards on it: rl0 with ip 10.0.0.4 connected ...

  1. newbie openbsd bridge problem

    Hi group.
    I am using OpenBSD 3.6 and I am trying to set
    it up as a bridge.
    The pc is a Pentium 166 with 32Mb of Ram.
    I have two ethernet cards on it:
    rl0 with ip 10.0.0.4 connected with my laptop.
    rl1 without ip connected to my adsl modem.
    bridge0 with rl0 and rl1 and up.
    I did configure them as the faq says except the ip
    because i don't use dhcp.
    ipforwarding is set to 1 as well and i am not
    running any firewall.
    When i boot the bridge i can access the internet
    from my laptop, but only for a few minutes, after
    that i have no access at all. I know the bridge is still
    working because i can ssh to it.
    Is it the pc too slow for this or am i doing something
    wrong?
    I can provide more info if needed.
    Thanks in advance for any answers.

  2. Re: newbie openbsd bridge problem

    Theodore wrote:
    > Hi group.
    > I am using OpenBSD 3.6 and I am trying to set
    > it up as a bridge.
    > The pc is a Pentium 166 with 32Mb of Ram.
    > I have two ethernet cards on it:
    > rl0 with ip 10.0.0.4 connected with my laptop.
    > rl1 without ip connected to my adsl modem.
    > bridge0 with rl0 and rl1 and up.
    > I did configure them as the faq says except the ip
    > because i don't use dhcp.
    > ipforwarding is set to 1 as well and i am not
    > running any firewall.
    > When i boot the bridge i can access the internet
    > from my laptop, but only for a few minutes, after
    > that i have no access at all. I know the bridge is still
    > working because i can ssh to it.
    > Is it the pc too slow for this or am i doing something
    > wrong?
    > I can provide more info if needed.
    > Thanks in advance for any answers.

    look at your logs (ppp if you are running that)..Should give you a hint.
    I have used a similiar setup but was using dhcp and ppp.

    Fred-

+ Reply to Thread