Terminals & Keyboards - BSD

This is a discussion on Terminals & Keyboards - BSD ; I've seen many posts on the Internet about certain keys (ins, home, end, del, etc.) on 104-key keyboards not working. However, I've not seen a definitive answer surface as how to get those keys to work. I'm using OpenBSD 3.7/i386 ...

  1. Terminals & Keyboards

    I've seen many posts on the Internet about certain keys (ins, home,
    end, del, etc.) on 104-key keyboards not working. However, I've not
    seen a definitive answer surface as how to get those keys to work. I'm
    using OpenBSD 3.7/i386 trying to shell in with putty .58. I've seen
    answers saying to use the wscon* commands, and also some saying to use
    the bind command. Does anyone think changing the type of terminal
    would benefit or is this purely the keyboard and its key mappings?
    Thank you!

    -ADub-

  2. Re: Terminals & Keyboards

    How would you change the keyboard mappings? I made a small attempt
    with one key, but I get this output on a reboot.

    wsconsctl: parse: syntax error
    wsconsctl: keycode: illegal variable name
    wsconsctl: 2: illegal variable name
    wsconsctl: : illegal variable name
    wsconsctl: 2: illegal variable name
    wsconsctl: at: illegal variable name