Openbsd 3.7 & nforce2 lan - BSD

This is a discussion on Openbsd 3.7 & nforce2 lan - BSD ; hello, i have a asus A7N8X deluxe motherboard with 2 network card : the 3 com card is ok but no my nvidia card : "Nvidia NForce 2 LAN" rev 0xa1 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 not configured i ...

  1. Openbsd 3.7 & nforce2 lan

    hello,

    i have a asus A7N8X deluxe motherboard with 2 network card :

    the 3 com card is ok but no my nvidia card :

    "Nvidia NForce 2 LAN" rev 0xa1 at pci0 dev 4 function 0 not configured

    i use google but i didn't find any answer for to run my nvidia network card

    i am a debian user and i have no problem with (for this card i use the
    free module forcedeth)

    thanks

  2. Re: Openbsd 3.7 & nforce2 lan

    no go (for now). still no docs.

  3. Re: Openbsd 3.7 & nforce2 lan

    tedu wrote:
    > no go (for now). still no docs.

    This will be a long-shot.

    I don't know specifically about the nic you mention, but I've had a similar
    prob with an "unsupported" network card.

    Lucky for me, the card was detected by 2 different drivers. It seemed
    to screw up when attached by the first one, so I disabled that one in
    the config (ie. by rebuilding a new kernel) and it worked OK under the 2nd.

    I had checked it out first by booting the kernel with
    [zz]
    > boot /bsd -c

    [zzz]
    >disbable if ! i.e. if == the driver that probed first during

    ! the normal boot
    >continue

    [zzzz zzzz]

    You might also try using with/without plug and play enabled in the BIOS,
    or try to select the different various IRQ's the card may provide
    in the above procedure.

    While you can have probs with "strange" h/w, I'm pretty amazed at how
    well obsd has treated me over the years.
    I've managed to get it up on every platform I have (about 1000 of them --
    mostly x86 boxes of varying vintage).
    In only 2 or 3 cases did I need to hack the kernel to enable some
    old driver or disable a new one (as in the case I'm describing, above).

  4. Re: Openbsd 3.7 & nforce2 lan

    tedu a écrit :
    > no go (for now). still no docs.

    thanks for this answer, snif snif

    i have found this http://www.onthenet.com.au/~q/nvnet/ (driver for freebsd)

    i think no, but it's possible to use this driver for openbsd3.7 ?

    if yes, how i "convert" this for openbsd ?

    if no, thanks for your help

    @+

+ Reply to Thread