    I recursively copied the /usr/local/share/examples/openldap to
    /etc/openldap

    I edited the /etc/openldap/slapd.conf and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf files
    according to the quick-start directions at www.openldap.org

    Now, when I try to start /usr/local/libexec/slapd, I get "Unrecognized
    database type (bdb)"

    Does anyone know of an openldap howto specific to recent versions of
    OpenBSD?

  2. Re: Setting up openldap with OpenBSD 3.7

    Begin <1119125652.355885.279410@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups. com>
    On 2005-06-18, blixel@gmail.com wrote:
    [openldap from package]
    > Now, when I try to start /usr/local/libexec/slapd, I get "Unrecognized
    > database type (bdb)"

    Figure out what database types it _is_ configured to support, and use
    one of those? I think, but can't check right now, that there's an option
    that'll show you which ones it has support for. Alternatively, you can
    install from ports and compile in bdb support yourself.

  3. Re: Setting up openldap with OpenBSD 3.7

    or set database type=ldbm, that seems to be more native

+ Reply to Thread