Wifi AP and Router on Open - BSD

This is a discussion on Wifi AP and Router on Open - BSD ; Heloo I want to know if any one tried something like me before. I want to put 2 wifi card into my pc and install OpenBsd 3.7. First wifi card must work as AP to get signal from my internet ...

  1. Wifi AP and Router on Open

    Heloo

    I want to know if any one tried something like me before.

    I want to put 2 wifi card into my pc and install OpenBsd 3.7.

    First wifi card must work as AP to get signal from my internet provider
    Second one must distribute signal in my house for my 3 computers.

    Mayby some one tryied something similar ??

    Mayby somene can say me what wifi hardware i must use

    I've common kwnowegle about pf any suggestion are welcomed

    I'm sorry for my english.

    Morty (Today is mondey )

  2. Re: Wifi AP and Router on Open

    morty wrote:

    > First wifi card must work as AP to get signal from my internet provider
    > Second one must distribute signal in my house for my 3 computers.

    I haven't tried that before, but first of all it'a your first card that you
    want to act as client to your ISP, and the other one as AP to your 'local'
    clients. That way, you could allow routing between the interfaces and setup
    some ad-hoc wlan connections, which is fairly featureless and insecure.
    Better insert an ethernet interface into your PC and attach an AP providing
    wlan to your clients to it. That way, you can play around with features
    like WPA, setup RADIUS authentication on your PC and so on

+ Reply to Thread