TCP variants on BSD - BSD

This is a discussion on TCP variants on BSD - BSD ; Hello, I'm looking for an OS (unix) on which I can run the following TCP variants: - TCP-Tahoe - TCP-Reno - TCP-NewReno - TCP-SACK - TCP-Vegas - TCP-Westwood Is any of the xBSDs is able to run all of a ...

  1. TCP variants on BSD

    Hello,

    I'm looking for an OS (unix) on which I can run the following TCP
    variants:
    - TCP-Tahoe
    - TCP-Reno
    - TCP-NewReno
    - TCP-SACK
    - TCP-Vegas
    - TCP-Westwood

    Is any of the xBSDs is able to run all of a subset of them. Or is there
    one I can use after installing some available package?

    Your help is much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Khaled

  2. Re: TCP variants on BSD

    why?

  3. Re: TCP variants on BSD

    tedu wrote:
    > why?

    For research purposes :^)

  4. Re: TCP variants on BSD

    yes, openbsd supports "all of a subset of them". plus some other
    tweaks. i'm not sure what you're after; performance is not a checklist
    of options.

  5. Re: TCP variants on BSD

    tedu wrote:
    > yes, openbsd supports "all of a subset of them". plus some other
    > tweaks. i'm not sure what you're after; performance is not a checklist
    > of options.

    Sorry, I meant "all of _or_ a subset of them".
    Can I find this documented anywhere?

    Thanks for yr help.
    Khaled

  6. Re: TCP variants on BSD

    cvsweb? i suspect everything but vegas is implemented, but there's no
    checklist anywhere.

+ Reply to Thread