MAC Spoofing - BSD

This is a discussion on MAC Spoofing - BSD ; Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: MAC Spoofing

  1. MAC Spoofing

    Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?



  2. Re: MAC Spoofing



    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Alex wrote:

    Some reason theres no text.. anyway.. as per the subject.

    How is this done under OpenBSD?


  3. Re: MAC Spoofing

    > Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?

    Yup
    http://www.theedge.net/~dingo/sea.c.html



    Bas
    --
    unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; comm; umount; sleep



  4. Re: MAC Spoofing

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:38:04 +0200, "Bas Keur" wrote:

    >> Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?

    >
    >Yup
    >http://www.theedge.net/~dingo/sea.c.html
    >


    I thought it was a standard part of ifconfig as of 3.7 ?


    greg

    --
    Contains minor peril

  5. Re: MAC Spoofing

    Hi,

    I already tried sea.c

    I get some message like /dev/mem OR
    /dev/kmem "Operation not permitted"

    even if done as the root user, when I run
    it. I am using OpenBSD 3.7

    any other suggestions?

    using the ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

    Always returns "bad value"

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Bas Keur wrote:

    >> Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?

    >
    > Yup
    > http://www.theedge.net/~dingo/sea.c.html
    >
    >
    >
    > Bas
    > --
    > unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; comm; umount; sleep
    >
    >
    >


  6. Re: MAC Spoofing

    On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:30:13 +0100, Greg Hennessy
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:38:04 +0200, "Bas Keur" wrote:
    >
    >>> Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?

    >>
    >>Yup
    >>http://www.theedge.net/~dingo/sea.c.html
    >>

    >
    >I thought it was a standard part of ifconfig as of 3.7 ?


    Post 3.7.

    ifconfig lladdr [MAC address]

    is in -current




  7. Re: MAC Spoofing

    This doesnt work for me either..

    ifconfig rl1 ether xx : xx : xx : xx : xx (without the spaces)

    or

    ifconfig rl1 lladdr xx : xx : xx : xx : xx

    both return:

    ifconfig: : bad value

    No matter what MAC is specified. even if only changing the last digit of the
    MAC slightly.

    Can someone demonstrate an actual command prompt
    example that works?

    "Mike" wrote in message
    news:uvj0a1tgj3g3bo1p85ar0kgfa06cnuccs1@4ax.com...
    > On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:30:13 +0100, Greg Hennessy
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:38:04 +0200, "Bas Keur" wrote:
    >>
    >>>> Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?
    >>>
    >>>Yup
    >>>http://www.theedge.net/~dingo/sea.c.html
    >>>

    >>
    >>I thought it was a standard part of ifconfig as of 3.7 ?

    >
    > Post 3.7.
    >
    > ifconfig lladdr [MAC address]
    >
    > is in -current
    >
    >
    >




  8. Re: MAC Spoofing

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 08:42:26 -0400, Mike wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:30:13 +0100, Greg Hennessy
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 21:38:04 +0200, "Bas Keur" wrote:
    >>
    >>>> Is there any way to do this under OpenBSD?
    >>>
    >>>Yup
    >>>http://www.theedge.net/~dingo/sea.c.html
    >>>

    >>
    >>I thought it was a standard part of ifconfig as of 3.7 ?

    >
    >Post 3.7.
    >
    > ifconfig lladdr [MAC address]
    >
    >is in -current
    >


    I stand corrected :-)

    >


    --
    Contains minor peril

  9. Re: MAC Spoofing

    Alex wrote:
    > This doesnt work for me either..


    > ifconfig rl1 ether xx : xx : xx : xx : xx (without the spaces)


    > or


    > ifconfig rl1 lladdr xx : xx : xx : xx : xx


    This last one works fine for me, but with six fields instead of your
    five (and no spaces around the colons).

    > both return:


    > ifconfig: : bad value


    Do you have an excact command line that fails?

    > No matter what MAC is specified. even if only changing the last digit of the
    > MAC slightly.


    > Can someone demonstrate an actual command prompt
    > example that works?


    Quick test I did:

    ifconfig mec0 ether lladdr 08:00:69:0e:67:ef

    How -current are you?

    Preben

  10. Re: MAC Spoofing

    securelevel -1


  11. Re: MAC Spoofing

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:07:18 +1000 in alex wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I already tried sea.c
    >
    > I get some message like /dev/mem OR
    > /dev/kmem "Operation not permitted"
    >
    > even if done as the root user, when I run
    > it. I am using OpenBSD 3.7


    Read the comments, needs to be run while in securelevel 0.

    Looks like if you run -current instead of 3.7, you'll have
    ifconfig lladdr o123456
    available (o1-o6 should be octets in hex).

    I'll let someone a bit more bored than me figure out just how
    much of -current is needed for it to work.
    --
    Chris Dukes
    Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

  12. Re: MAC Spoofing

    On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 17:09:12 GMT, pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 23:07:18 +1000 in alex wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I already tried sea.c
    >>
    >> I get some message like /dev/mem OR
    >> /dev/kmem "Operation not permitted"
    >>
    >> even if done as the root user, when I run
    >> it. I am using OpenBSD 3.7

    >
    >Read the comments, needs to be run while in securelevel 0.
    >
    >Looks like if you run -current instead of 3.7, you'll have
    >ifconfig lladdr o123456
    >available (o1-o6 should be octets in hex).
    >
    >I'll let someone a bit more bored than me figure out just how
    >much of -current is needed for it to work.


    A quick look - change was committed to ifconfig on April 12.

    http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvswe...-cvsweb-markup

    I'm not sure what else is needed, but I doubt if the -current before
    then will work.

+ Reply to Thread