How to interpret memory usage in the unix command top? - BSD

This is a discussion on How to interpret memory usage in the unix command top? - BSD ; hi my questions is: how to interpret memory usage in the unix command top? an example on OpenBSD: command: top -b -n 1 output: .... Memory: Real: 11M/39M act/tot Free: 208M Swap: 0K/1024M used/tot .... i need the total and ...

  1. How to interpret memory usage in the unix command top?

    hi

    my questions is:
    how to interpret memory usage in the unix command top?

    an example on OpenBSD:

    command: top -b -n 1

    output:
    Memory: Real: 11M/39M act/tot Free: 208M Swap: 0K/1024M used/tot

    i need the total and the used amount of memory.
    is used in this example 11M and 39M the total amount of memory?
    or is there another command for getting memory usage on BSD?
    many thanx!

    greetings
    clint

  2. Re: How to interpret memory usage in the unix command top?

    clint wrote:

    > Memory: Real: 11M/39M act/tot Free: 208M Swap: 0K/1024M used/tot
    >
    > i need the total and the used amount of memory.
    > is used in this example 11M and 39M the total amount of memory?
    > or is there another command for getting memory usage on BSD?

    11M are active, 39M are used including memory not active right now, and
    208M are free.

+ Reply to Thread