Obtaining 3.7 install cd... - BSD

This is a discussion on Obtaining 3.7 install cd... - BSD ; I placed the order through openbsd.org on 2005/5/6. Got a generated response. Since then no CD and no answer to questions regarding status of order. What's a soul to do? Can't find a number to call. Every day waiting for ...

  1. Obtaining 3.7 install cd...

    I placed the order through openbsd.org on 2005/5/6. Got a generated
    response.

    Since then no CD and no answer to questions regarding status of order.

    What's a soul to do? Can't find a number to call. Every day waiting
    for an answer back is just that. Am not yet ready to wish whoever
    (including myself) is dropping the ball the same treatment from an MD.

    This message intruding on the hallowed grounds of c.u.b.o.misc is about
    the best thing I can think of to try and see what's up.

    And I am the first to agree that this is the wrong place to be asking
    such a question. But if it's midnight and I lost my key in the coal
    cellar, I'll do what the physicist does, and start looking under the
    streetlamp.

    John

  2. Re: Obtaining 3.7 install cd...

    On 24/05/2005 1:23 PM, John Ferguson wrote:

    > I placed the order through openbsd.org on 2005/5/6. Got a generated
    > response.
    >
    > Since then no CD and no answer to questions regarding status of order.
    >
    > What's a soul to do? Can't find a number to call. Every day waiting
    > for an answer back is just that. Am not yet ready to wish whoever
    > (including myself) is dropping the ball the same treatment from an MD.

    Found this on openbsd.org/orders.html:

    # Telephone ordering:
    To order by phone, dial cell: 1 (403) 243-4356, office: (phone/fax) 1
    403 647-2200, messages: use cell phone.. Please phone during weekdays,
    during the daytime, in North American Mountain Time. (Occasionally
    service is available after hours: 5PM-9PM weeknights and 10AM-9PM
    weekends. You can give it a try.) Have your Mastercard, VISA, or
    American Express ready.

    If you need to contact the Computer Shop directly, email to Austin Hook.
    Major Institutions can fax purchase orders to the Computer Shop at FAX
    #: 1 (403) 647-2200 .

    If you manage to leave a message, I'm sure someone will get back to you
    eventually.

    --
    clvrmnky

    Heat up and unmunge email to reply.

  3. Re: Obtaining 3.7 install cd...

    clvrmnky wrote:
    > On 24/05/2005 1:23 PM, John Ferguson wrote:
    >
    >>I placed the order through openbsd.org on 2005/5/6. Got a generated
    >>response.
    >>
    >>Since then no CD and no answer to questions regarding status of order.
    >>
    >>What's a soul to do? Can't find a number to call. Every day waiting
    >>for an answer back is just that. Am not yet ready to wish whoever
    >>(including myself) is dropping the ball the same treatment from an MD.
    >>

    > Found this on openbsd.org/orders.html:
    >
    > # Telephone ordering:
    > To order by phone, dial cell: 1 (403) 243-4356, office: (phone/fax) 1
    > 403 647-2200, messages: use cell phone.. Please phone during weekdays,

    > If you manage to leave a message, I'm sure someone will get back to you
    > eventually.

    Well. With the right attitude the obvious doesn't hurt. Wish I were
    closer to that right attitude...

    Thank you for your help.

    John

  4. Re: Obtaining 3.7 install cd...

    On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:23:58 GMT, John Ferguson
    wrote:

    >I placed the order through openbsd.org on 2005/5/6. Got a generated
    >response.
    >
    >Since then no CD and no answer to questions regarding status of order.
    >
    >What's a soul to do? Can't find a number to call. Every day waiting
    >for an answer back is just that. Am not yet ready to wish whoever
    >(including myself) is dropping the ball the same treatment from an MD.
    >
    >This message intruding on the hallowed grounds of c.u.b.o.misc is about
    >the best thing I can think of to try and see what's up.
    >
    >And I am the first to agree that this is the wrong place to be asking
    >such a question. But if it's midnight and I lost my key in the coal
    >cellar, I'll do what the physicist does, and start looking under the
    >streetlamp.
    >

    >John

    I ordered months ago, I got an email on May 2 that my order had been
    shipped via USPS from Sweetgrass, Montana - although I live in Canada
    ( Nfld ) and requested ExpressPost. The CDs were 16 days in the mail
    system. The parcel said USPS Priority Mail on it.

  5. Re: Obtaining 3.7 install cd...

    Creeper wrote:
    > On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:23:58 GMT, John Ferguson
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I placed the order through openbsd.org on 2005/5/6. Got a generated
    >>response.
    >>
    >>Since then no CD and no answer to questions regarding status of order.
    >>
    >>What's a soul to do? Can't find a number to call. Every day waiting
    >>for an answer back is just that. Am not yet ready to wish whoever
    >>(including myself) is dropping the ball the same treatment from an MD.
    >>

    >>John

    > I ordered months ago, I got an email on May 2 that my order had been
    > shipped via USPS from Sweetgrass, Montana - although I live in Canada
    > ( Nfld ) and requested ExpressPost. The CDs were 16 days in the mail
    > system. The parcel said USPS Priority Mail on it.

    With the help from a kind person who allowed me the phone number I
    should have found on my own, I got to talk to the distributors in Canada.

    Not only are they happily swamped with orders, but it seems the U.S.
    Customs service is quite thorough at inspecting packages in this time of
    domestic crisis. Especially so if the package contains a textile
    product such as one might find a wearable Puffy on...

    But I guess this doesn't explain why there might be delays going the
    other way.

    My lesson from this is to make up my mind much sooner, and pre-order
    immediately upon the announcement of the next release. And then if I
    want another Puffy I'll just wait until the CDs are in my hands before
    ordering my next t-shirt.

    John

+ Reply to Thread