Re: Is OpenBSD more secure than Windows? - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: Is OpenBSD more secure than Windows? - BSD ; "Shane (aka froggy)" writes: > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:32:11 -0300, Unknown User wrote: > > > I bought a computer and it had Windows installed and I'm thinking about > > moving to OpenBSD, but from my research, ...

  1. Re: Is OpenBSD more secure than Windows?

    "Shane (aka froggy)" writes:

    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:32:11 -0300, Unknown User wrote:
    >
    > > I bought a computer and it had Windows installed and I'm thinking about
    > > moving to OpenBSD, but from my research, OpenBSD is less secure than
    > > Windows because you can't install install Norton anti-virus on OpenBSD. I
    > > wouldn't be able to access the Internet then, using OpenBSD. I also found
    > > out that you can't have Internet Explorer on OpenBSD, and I wonder how I
    > > would surf the web other than with Internet Explorer.
    > > I really hope Microsoft ports Internet Explorer to OpenBSD and that
    > > Symantec releases a version for OpenBSD to protect it, so that I can give
    > > it a try. Without Internet Explorer, OpenBSD is pretty unusable, sorry.

    > wouldnt this troll be funnier if he/she wasnt using Opera, and used
    > Outlook express instead?

    No, actually, that's the funny part.

    -- Patrick

  2. Re: Is OpenBSD more secure than Windows?

    Patrick Scheible wrote:
    [...]
    > No, actually, that's the funny part.

    On some of the politics groups I used to frequent I've heard funnier.

    According to one or two, Unix is just a pale immitation of Windoze.
    Eh? I hear you comment. They, of course, are talking about their
    pal's box when running der gnome.

    On my duller days I would like to've heard the intro schpeil by Mr Pal.

    Can imagine sommin like:

    "See [name witheld for no reason], this is a Reel Unix box...
    Doesn't it look Reel Good?".

+ Reply to Thread