freeBSD and antispam - BSD

This is a discussion on freeBSD and antispam - BSD ; Good morning, Not sure if I am in the right forum. If not, please excuse me and redirect please. Have a mail server on Freebsd and using spamAassin. Where and how would I set the 'settings' on spamassin or another ...

  1. freeBSD and antispam

    Good morning,

    Not sure if I am in the right forum. If not, please excuse me and redirect
    please.

    Have a mail server on Freebsd and using spamAassin. Where and how would I
    set the 'settings' on spamassin or another way to do it is how can I setup a
    whitelist on spamassin.

    Many thanks

  2. Re: freeBSD and antispam

    Smiley wrote:

    > Good morning,
    >
    > Not sure if I am in the right forum. If not, please excuse me and redirect
    > please.
    >
    > Have a mail server on Freebsd and using spamAassin. Where and how would I
    > set the 'settings' on spamassin or another way to do it is how can I setup a
    > whitelist on spamassin.

    Use the freeBSD toaster
    http://mail-toaster.org/

    Read the instructions.

    There also is an active mailing list
    mailto:mail-toaster-help@simerson.net

  3. Re: freeBSD and antispam

    Smiley wrote:

    > Not sure if I am in the right forum. If not, please excuse me and redirect
    > please.

    The pkg-descr file in a port will often list a web page for the
    application:

    http://spamassassin.apache.org/

    You can look for support options from there.

    Or just do a web search.

    > Have a mail server on Freebsd and using spamAassin. Where and how would I
    > set the 'settings' on spamassin or another way to do it is how can I setup a
    > whitelist on spamassin.

    Settings for applications are usually kept in /usr/local/etc or a
    subdirectory of it. The port shows that p5-Mail-Spamassassin uses files
    in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/. Looks like rules go in a
    subdirectory called v320.pre.

  4. Re: freeBSD and antispam

    "Smiley" writes:

    > Have a mail server on Freebsd and using spamAassin. Where and how would I
    > set the 'settings' on spamassin

    You don't *need* to set up many settings for SpamAssassin.

    When you do need to, look here:
    http://spamassassin.apache.org/doc.html
    but start with

    > how can I setup a
    > whitelist on spamassin.

    http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/...cklist_options

  5. Re: freeBSD and antispam

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:16:29 -0400, Walter Vaughan wrote:
    >Smiley wrote:
    >> Good morning,
    >>
    >> Not sure if I am in the right forum. If not, please excuse me and
    >> redirect please.
    >>
    >> Have a mail server on Freebsd and using spamAassin. Where and how
    >> would I set the 'settings' on spamassin or another way to do it is how
    >> can I setup a whitelist on spamassin.

    > Use the freeBSD toaster
    > http://mail-toaster.org/
    >
    > Read the instructions.

    Why is `advertising mail-toaster' an answer to a generic spamassassin
    question? Especially since the guy who asked already *HAS* a working
    mail-server, which doesn't necessarily use qmail.

+ Reply to Thread