make distribution fails with Error code 64 - BSD

This is a discussion on make distribution fails with Error code 64 - BSD ; I'm still trying to get the diskless setup working and I found another tutorial on the subject. But again, when I try these commands: setenv DESTDIR=/dskro cd /usr/src/etc make distribution I end up with a dozen or so lines of ...

  1. make distribution fails with Error code 64

    I'm still trying to get the diskless setup working
    and I found another tutorial on the subject. But
    again, when I try these commands:

    setenv DESTDIR=/dskro
    cd /usr/src/etc
    make distribution

    I end up with a dozen or so lines of text and then
    this error message:

    install: wrong number or types of arguments
    ..
    ..
    ..
    Error code 64

    Can anyone help me with this? It appears that once I'm
    over this hurdle then all will be well in my diskless
    setup.

  2. Re: make distribution fails with Error code 64

    In article
    "Ditch Brodie" writes:
    >I'm still trying to get the diskless setup working
    >and I found another tutorial on the subject. But
    >again, when I try these commands:
    >
    >setenv DESTDIR=/dskro

    If that's the csh setenv, you need to get rid of the equals sign:
    setenv variable value

    --
    Drew Lawson And I know there's more to the story
    I know I need to see more

+ Reply to Thread