j7f4 mobo - missing thermal zone? - BSD

This is a discussion on j7f4 mobo - missing thermal zone? - BSD ; j7f4 running fbsd 6.2 The bios indicates two temperature measurements being made - system and processor. fbsd only shows tz0, which apparently is the processor temperature. Should I expect to see anything about another zone? -- Mike Scott (unet scottsonline.org.uk) ...

  1. j7f4 mobo - missing thermal zone?

    --
    Mike Scott (unet scottsonline.org.uk)
    Harlow Essex England

  2. Re: j7f4 mobo - missing thermal zone?

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:28:01 GMT, Mike Scott wrote:

    >j7f4 running fbsd 6.2
    >
    >The bios indicates two temperature measurements being made - system and
    >processor. fbsd only shows tz0, which apparently is the processor
    >temperature.

    How did you even get that far? I have a J7F4 as well but when I tried
    mbmon it couldn't find anything. Is there another monitor that works?

    --
    Regards - Rodney Pont

  3. Re: j7f4 mobo - missing thermal zone?

    On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:55:36 +0100 (BST), Rodney Pont wrote:

    >On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 16:28:01 GMT, Mike Scott wrote:
    >
    >>j7f4 running fbsd 6.2
    >>
    >>The bios indicates two temperature measurements being made - system and
    >>processor. fbsd only shows tz0, which apparently is the processor
    >>temperature.

    >How did you even get that far? I have a J7F4 as well but when I tried
    >mbmon it couldn't find anything. Is there another monitor that works?

    A bit of Googling comes up with 'sysctl hw.acpi.thermal' so I'm now
    seeing my cpu temp :-)

    --
    Regards - Rodney Pont