NFS Export insecure - BSD

This is a discussion on NFS Export insecure - BSD ; Hello, I installed on a new BSD server NFS to mount some dirs. We use a lot of OSX (Darwin) notebook, that must mount some NFS dirs. Darwin connect to the NFS on a Port > 1024. On my Debian ...

  1. NFS Export insecure

    Hello,

    I installed on a new BSD server NFS to mount some dirs. We use a lot of
    OSX (Darwin) notebook, that must mount some NFS dirs. Darwin connect to
    the NFS on a Port > 1024. On my Debian I exports my dirs with the
    option "insecure" and so it works. Is there an option under BSD
    (hostcentric) with the same function?

    Thanks

    Phil

  2. Re: NFS Export insecure

    In article ,
    Philipp Kraus wrote:

    >I installed on a new BSD server NFS to mount some dirs. We use a lot of
    >OSX (Darwin) notebook, that must mount some NFS dirs. Darwin connect to
    >the NFS on a Port > 1024. On my Debian I exports my dirs with the
    >option "insecure" and so it works. Is there an option under BSD
    >(hostcentric) with the same function?

    You can tell OS X to use a privileged port by giving the -P option
    to nfs_mount.

    -- Richard

    in some alphabets" - X3.4, 1963.

  3. Re: NFS Export insecure

    Philipp Kraus wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I installed on a new BSD server NFS to mount some dirs. We use a lot of
    > OSX (Darwin) notebook, that must mount some NFS dirs. Darwin connect to
    > the NFS on a Port > 1024. On my Debian I exports my dirs with the
    > option "insecure" and so it works. Is there an option under BSD
    > (hostcentric) with the same function?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Phil

    I think you may be looking for the -n flag of mountd. man mountd for
    details. Example /etc/rc.conf snippet I use here:

    rpcbind_enable="YES"
    rpcbind_flags="-h 192.168.10.1"
    nfs_server_enable="YES"
    nfs_server_flags="-u -t -n 4 -h 192.168.10.1"
    mountd_flags="-nr"

    -Jason

+ Reply to Thread