Shoutcast and XMMS? - BSD

This is a discussion on Shoutcast and XMMS? - BSD ; Can XMMS be used to listen to shoutcast stations? If not, is there another app that can be used to listen to shoutcast stations? I found in ports, a shoutcast program, but that is the shoutcast server: what i want ...

  1. Shoutcast and XMMS?

    Can XMMS be used to listen to shoutcast stations? If not, is there another
    app that can be used to listen to shoutcast stations? I found in ports, a
    shoutcast program, but that is the shoutcast server: what i want is a
    program similar to winamp that can be used to listen to shoutcast.

    Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Shoutcast and XMMS?

    On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:09:38 +0000, Joe Doe wrote:

    > Can XMMS be used to listen to shoutcast stations? If not, is there another
    > app that can be used to listen to shoutcast stations? I found in ports, a
    > shoutcast program, but that is the shoutcast server: what i want is a
    > program similar to winamp that can be used to listen to shoutcast.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Go to a shoutcast directory, eg.
    http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/index.phtml and download the playlist
    of your favorite station.
    Open the file (.pls) with XMMS and there it goes.

    HTH,
    Franky

+ Reply to Thread