LYNX browser - BSD

This is a discussion on LYNX browser - BSD ; why dont the lynx www browser support HTTPS? how can i extend it to support this?...

  1. LYNX browser

    why dont the lynx www browser support HTTPS?
    how can i extend it to support this?

  2. Re: LYNX browser

    Genovese wrote:

    > why dont the lynx www browser support HTTPS?
    > how can i extend it to support this?

    Who says so?

    --
    No Swen today, my love has gone away
    My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn

  3. Re: LYNX browser

    Genovese wrote:

    > why dont the lynx www browser support HTTPS?
    > how can i extend it to support this?

    The "normal" port of version 2.8.6.5 has the --with-ssl passed to its
    configure script. If it doesn't build you have a problem that it can't find
    openssl.

    The lynx-current (2.8.7dev.5) port won't build https if you do: make
    NO_OPENSSL=yes

    In any event it should work. If it isn't, look for why it can't find
    OPENSSL.

    -Jason

  4. Re: LYNX browser

    In our last episode,
    ,
    the lovely and talented Genovese broadcast on comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc:

    > why dont the lynx www browser support HTTPS?
    > how can i extend it to support this?

    If your ports tree is really old, install the ssl version, otherwise the
    configure argument --with-ssl is now part of the standard port.
    Nonetheless, some braindead sites refuse to believe that lynx is ssl capable
    and will not allow you to use lynx (hello, Wells Fargo!). Take that up with
    the site administrator. Lynx is not javascript capable (in general), so
    that is the problem with some sites.

    --
    Lars Eighner
    Countdown: 525 days to go.